Page 1 of 146 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Chemo's Ultimate URL's

Monkeymadness posted this before the change;

hello stokerstees and aspudden (this may help you too)

first of all have you used the original ultimate seo url contribution from the first page of this thread?....if yes then good as your using 1.2....

if not then go get the original from here

http://www.dream-scape.com/pub/zenca...mate_SEO_URLs/

and replace dr bytes with that...the one in the zencart download area is dr bytes for v1.3

you public_html folder isnt part of zencart...just in case you thought it is....i dont know how to explain what the public_html folder is but its the folder you put your zencart folders in ...or the folder above the folder you put your zen folders in which people often name shop or catalogue

.htaccess file.....you do not change any existing htaccess file for this contribution...you create it in the same place you see you admin, classes, functions, includes, images, modules pub etc folders.....the instructions for what to put in this file are on the dream-scape site linked above.....click on installation on that page and follow the instructions...the htaccess is at the bottom

remember to change the the rewritebase line in the htaccess

it should be just

/

if your zen site is youdomain.com

it should be /shop/

if you zen site is yourdomain.com/shop

do not put your whole domain name there just a /

and remember if you use paypal to change the seo.url.php file to add the paypal fix somewhere in this thread

I hope that helps and makes things clearer, as this does definately work with 1.2.6...I think you've just got a little confused along the way
    good luck

Ok, I think I follow but could use a hand to steady myself here. ;) btw-I do have the 1.201 version(?) from dreamscapes site. It has a seperate folder for 1.301 zen cart. I didn't touch any of that stuff.

I put the "new" .htaccess file into all of the folders you mention above? And I do not change ANY of the .htaccess files I find along the way? I understand that I put in the file as shown on the installation page but I guess I just don't know where to put it. I assumed I should change the .htaccess files that are already there......

I suppose every cart is different so a list of places to insert this file would not really be possible, eh? :)

Thanks for the help as your description has helped the most I think. I may wait a bit before making any changes to see if there is another response to this. I don't make any changes that I can't reverse easily but I am worried about blowing up my cart.

Thanks,
    Todd

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Chemo's Ultimate URL's

nonoononoono

not a htaccess file in each folder, go back put the htaccess files back that were already there

put the htaccess file in th folder that contains all those folders

so mine went in public_html

as my admin, includes, images, pub etc folders are all in public_html... my zen shop is in mydomain.com...thats how i tried to explain to you what the public_html folder is...put the htaccess folders where you SEE those folders not IN those folders! but that obviously didnt go down well :) perhaps I'm not too good at explaining but I tried.. if at first you dont suceed try try again.......

you only add ONE htaccess file and that goes in your root folder

your root folder is the folder you SEE the admin folder in ....dont go in the admin folder or anywhere else...stay where you are... if you can see the admin folder and just add the one htaccess file in there...

if my zen shop was in mydomain.com/shop

then I would put the htaccess file in my folder called shop which would be my root folder

quote: I do have the 1.201 version(?) from dreamscapes site. It has a seperate folder for 1.301 zen cart. I didn't touch any of that stuff.

dremscapes version is called 2.1 on his site...I just downloaded to check and there are no folder for 1.3 files.....soo now I'm confused too

download it from dreamscapes site only and use all the files

http://www.dream-scape.com/pub/zenca...RLs/index.html

and follow the instructions on the installation page

good luck todd :)

Plugin Contributions

Re: Chemo's Ultimate URL's

Hello all,

I was going to post this on the original thread about Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs, but it appears cannot post there any longer. (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=ultimate+urls)

Anyways though, my problem is this. After downloading Version 2.100 released and following the instructions at http://www.dream-scape.com/pub/zenca...s/install.html, i keep getting the following when opening my site: 1054 Unknown column 'c.parent_id' in 'on clause'. It does this when i upload the updated application_top.php and the html_ouput.php files. If i change these back to the original files, my site reappears with the dynamic links. If anyone can help me with this issue, it would be greatly apprectiated. If you need more info, will be glad to post it.

oh yeah, zencart version is 1.3.0

Thanks,
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymadness
    nonoononoono

not a htaccess file in each folder, go back put the htaccess files back that were already there

put the htaccess file in th folder that contains all those folders

so mine went in public_html

as my admin, includes, images, pub etc folders are all in public_html... my zen shop is in mydomain.com...thats how i tried to explain to you what the public_html folder is...put the htaccess folders where you SEE those folders not IN those folders! but that obviously didnt go down well :) perhaps I'm not too good at explaining but I tried.. if at first you dont suceed try try again.......

you only add ONE htaccess file and that goes in your root folder

your root folder is the folder you SEE the admin folder in ....dont go in the admin folder or anywhere else...stay where you are... if you can see the admin folder and just add the one htaccess file in there...

if my zen shop was in mydomain.com/shop

then I would put the htaccess file in my folder called shop which would be my root folder

quote: I do have the 1.201 version(?) from dreamscapes site. It has a seperate folder for 1.301 zen cart. I didn't touch any of that stuff.

dremscapes version is called 2.1 on his site...I just downloaded to check and there are no folder for 1.3 files.....soo now I'm confused too

download it from dreamscapes site only and use all the files

http://www.dream-scape.com/pub/zenca...RLs/index.html

and follow the instructions on the installation page

good luck todd :)
    Ok, now I follow you. I thought for sure I saw a folder once called public_html but apparently not. When I open it up in aplus' cp the file is called /home/ with all the stuff you mention listed in it. It seems I put the .htaccess there once with still no go. I'll try again.

btw-The verison I have is 2.101. Guess I was dyslexic the other night.

Thanks for all the help. It is greatly appreciated by this novice.

Hopefully I won't have to go back and uninstall it but I will do what i have to do as I really want this contrib to work. I need all the help I can get with SEO with the biz I am in.

Thanks,
    Todd

Plugin Contributions

BOOYAH!

It works! Thanks so much monkeymadness for helping this noob out. :)

Now to test the paypal thingy.....

Plugin Contributions

well, I just do not get this contrib to work!
    It's still give me "The page cannot be found"
    but I have locate the file which seems to cause the problem.

the file is html_output.php and you can find it in ZenRoot/includes/functions/
    when I switch it back to org file, then will me site work but without
    Ultimate URL's.

I have done fresh install off Zen-Cart 1.3.0.1

and I still useing
    Zen-Cart 1.3.0.1
    Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.101

Win2003 server - IIS/6.0
    ImageMagick-6.2.0-1
    PHP Version: 4.3.10
    MySQL 4.1.10

Asp
    Employing version 1.3.X

Plugin Contributions

Does 2.101 work with ZC 1.3.x?

Hard to tell from this thread.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sermonzone
    Does 2.101 work with ZC 1.3.x?

Hard to tell from this thread.

Thanks
    2.101 is actually the version that you want to install. It has been modify to comply with Zen Cart 1.3.0.1. There is one modification you have to make in one of the files to get around SSL issue. Otherwise it works like a charm.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the fix I referenced in /includes/classes/ line 168 of seo.url.php changes from:

Code:
    if ($connection == 'SSL' && ENABLE_SSL == 'true) {
    to

Code:
    if ($connection == 'SSL' && ENABLE_SSL == 'true') {

Plugin Contributions

Re: Chemo's Ultimate URL's

Help please...I have installed this mod for the past 4 months and also upgraded it to 1.3.0.1 Everything is working fine and I have 2,000+ indexed pages with the SEO url.

Because support for this mod has been inconsistent and the fact that it doesn't keep up well with upgrades to Zen Cart, I will like to uninstall it from our 1.3.0.1 live store. Currrently I have it disabled.

What I need help with is: how do I get all the indexed pages to redirect to ZC cart original links and send a permanent redirect. I have pasted below my current .htaccess file if that helps you to help me :)

Code:
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

# OLD SEO URLS
    # Give a 301 to real URL (which Ultimate SEO will give a 301 to new SEO URL)
    # You can remove the following if you were not using the breakmyzencart.com SEFU prior to installing this one
    # BEGIN SAFE REMOVE
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-main/category-(.*)/page-([0-9]+)/sort-(.*)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&page=$3&sort=$4&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-main/category-(.*)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-productinfo/category-(.*)/product-(.*)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=$2&products_id=$3&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-productinfo/product-(.*)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-product_reviews_info/product-(.*)/reviews_id-([0-9]+)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&reviews_id=$3&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-info_manager/pages_id-([0-9]+)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=info_manager&pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-product_music_info/product-(.*)/(.*).html index\.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)pages-(.*)/index.html index\.php?main_page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L,R=301]
    # END SAFE REMOVE

# From Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pmi-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# For Open Operations Info Manager
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=info_manager&pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# For dreamscape's News & Articles Manager
    RewriteRule ^news/?$ index\.php?main_page=news&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/rss.xml$ index\.php?main_page=news_rss&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/?$ index\.php?main_page=news_archive&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/([0-9]{4})-([0-9]{2})-([0-9]{2}).html$ index\.php?main_page=news&date=$1-$2-$3&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/([0-9]{4})-([0-9]{2}).html$ index\.php?main_page=news_archive&date=$1-$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/(.*)-a-([0-9]+)-comments.html$ index\.php?main_page=news_comments&article_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=news_article&article_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# All other pages
    # Don't rewrite real files or directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f [NC] 
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    Thank you very much for your anticipated help!

Page 1 of 146 1231151101 ... LastLast