Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Better Categories Contrib & ezpages

fantastic contrib!
    question though - I note that the tpl_categories.php references a gif that doesn't come in the install:
    pixel_silver.gif

it is supposed to be triggered if the categories separator is turned on...

(I downloaded the "fix" version posted above)

Plugin Contributions

oh - I do have a question.
    I have loaded better categories for the following:
    1) categories (of course ;) )
    2) Information Box
    3) EZ Pages (the box that says "galleries")
    4) A massivly tweaked version of "More Info" box.

If you look very closely at the space between the blocks, you will notice that it appears different in the Information box vs the categories box vs the ezpages & More info box.

I would like to figure out what is causing this difference. I like the slightly embossed look of the Information box blocks, but I cannot figure out what is causing this to occur

The other issue I am having is the light colored bars between blocks on the ezpages sidebox do not reach to the edges of the sidebox. I don't know why this is occurring.

TIA for your assistance!

Plugin Contributions

I think I've narrowed it down to this line in the tpl_(insert sidebox name).php files:

$content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent">';

if I change the class to betterCategories, I get the fancy "embossed" look, but unfortnately it makes a mess of other things...and I can't figure out how to make it work for tpl_categories.php.

I have to bow to someone else who understands code because I certainly don't!

Plugin Contributions

Url please, so we can see whats happening

Plugin Contributions

cripes. how embarassing.
    I should update my signature.
    http://spritelygoods.com/zencart1301

Plugin Contributions

If you use the arrow pointers (or custom pointers in my case) the images push the text (the category name) slightly lower than the pointers. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to apply padding to the text alone so I could make it level with the pointer image. Any ideas . . .

Plugin Contributions

Attached are tpl_ezpages.php & tpl_information.php updated to include a graphic which in this case is the default graphic used for the BetterCategories. You could change the name of the graphic to use a different one for all 3 sideboxes.
    [/QUOTE]

I've uploaded the files but the information sidebox is not displaying correctly. Are you sure that is the complete file you are using?

<?php

$content = '';

// fix for IE6 only showing rollovers on text and not the entire cell gilby 19/05/2006
    $pointer = zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'cat_no_sub.gif');

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($information); $i++) {
    $content .= $pointer . $information[$i];
    }

$content .= '';
    ?>
    and here is the file i have in modules/sideboxes/(my template)

<?php

unset($information);
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a></div>';
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a></div>';
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a></div>';
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a></div>';
    if ( ($sniffer->phpBB['db_installed_config']) && ($sniffer->phpBB['files_installed']) && (PHPBB_LINKS_ENABLED=='true')) {
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link($sniffer->phpBB['phpbb_url'] . FILENAME_BB_INDEX, '', 'NONSSL', '', '', true, false) . '" target="_blank">' . BOX_BBINDEX . '</a></div>';
    // or: $sniffer->phpBB['phpbb_url'] . FILENAME_BB_INDEX
    // or: str_replace(str_replace(DIR_WS_CATALOG, '', DIR_FS_CATALOG), '', DIR_WS_PHPBB)
    }

// only show GV FAQ when installed
    if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS=='true') {
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_GV . '</a></div>';
    }

if (SHOW_NEWSLETTER_UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK=='true') {
    $information[] = '<div class="betterCategories"><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_UNSUBSCRIBE) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_UNSUBSCRIBE . '</a></div>';
    }

require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_information.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'sideboxes'). '/tpl_information.php');

$title = BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION;
    $left_corner = false;
    $right_corner = false;
    $right_arrow = false;
    $title_link = false;

require($template->get_template_dir($column_box_default, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common') . '/' . $column_box_default);
    ?>
    ANy thoughts why this isn't working? You can see it here http://www.fashionettes.com (site under construction)

Plugin Contributions

Its not working because its not picking up the bettercategories info

The first file in the previous post goes in as
    includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\sideboxes\tpl_information.php
    Your file seems to be in the correct place

The second file goes in as
    includes\modules\sideboxes\YOUR_TEMPLATE\information.php

The second file is not a tpl file. I think you have used the wrong filename??
    The thread is a bit disjointed and builds on previous posts and I have been trying to put it all together in one contrib. See if this works.

ps: There are no spaces in "information" but I can't seem to edit them out
    Last edited by gilby; 16 Jun 2006 at 04:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

OK, fixed the problem (well, it IS working, but i'm gonna need to tweek it a bit to get it looking right).

The problem is with the download a few pages back (bettercategoriesfix.zip). The file is saved as information.php.php. I didn't see this as the file extensions are hidden currently on my windows, but I noticed it via my ftp program.

Simple fix. Good for others to know who may be installing the same set of files.

Thank you for your help.

Now does anyone have an answer to this question (posted a few days ago):

If you use the arrow pointers (or custom pointers in my case) the images push the text (the category name) slightly lower than the pointers. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to apply padding to the text alone so I could make it level with the pointer image. Any ideas . . .

Plugin Contributions

Ok, 2nd problem is the fix for the information page is not correct either. It creates the links like this:

(img) (div)link(div)

The image should appear within the div, not outside of it. However, I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it as my php skills are minimal.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast