Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

Woody:

The version uploaded is based on the original code contributed by Dave Kennelly at open-operations.com since that is the code both myself and Pinghead started with over a year ago.

The reason it is not based on the PingHead version of the code is because that version did not exist a year ago when we began making additions and improvements to the original contribution. We have, over the last year or so improved and added new features independently of the version of the code Pinghead had been working with.

I did difference the two versions recently when I was told of that version's existance and although they are very different (our version is form based, uses POST to specify a selectable date range rather than just using a fixed GET date, improved database schema, etc.) I could detect very few distinguishable feature improvements between the two because as it turns out we both probably made many of the same bug fixes and feature improvements during that time period.

As I've said previously though, if there is something I missed in the previous version that is important and doesn't exist in this version I'll try to add it, just let me know?

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for repairing your UT so those heading titles show up. Much better. Wondering if you could remove the category title from the product page titles.

So instead of:

"TestCategory 1 TestProduct 1"

would be better if we should see:

"TestProduct 1".

Just my opinion but easier to digest the UT info at a glance if just the product name was displayed. (Hint: That's how it is in the latest pinghead version).

Another questions although this is not really just a UT question.

The default heading_title define for the index page is " Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart...".

So that does not display I've edited and removed from /includes/languages/english/index.php

Code:
    Line #51 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');

Line #55 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    So instead I have:

define('HEADING_TITLE', '');

In this case do you have any suggestions on how to make it so the UT log displays "index" or something relevant instead of a completely blank field when logging clicks on the home page?

If URL =
    /shop/index.php
    -or-
    /shop/index.php?main_page=index
    then heading_title = "index"

or something like that.

Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 2 Dec 2006 at 01:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Jeff:

BTW it appears that your UT version runs quite a bit faster than previous versions. It may have something to do with running your UT on v.1.36 versus running older UT on a v.1.27 shop. But running on the same server right now I am noticing a larger performance diff. A more honest comparison will have to wait for the new shop to go love and for the UT table to fill up to appx same number of entries as the current shop. Thought you would want to know. Good work!

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Need help here.
    I have admin_profile installed on zc 1.36 and just installed this user_track MOD. Somehow I do not see any thing under User tracking config. I have been read through all 19 pages and seems can't find answer. Any clue?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by john95051 View Post
    Need help here.
    I have admin_profile installed on zc 1.36 and just installed this user_track MOD. Somehow I do not see any thing under User tracking config. I have been read through all 19 pages and seems can't find answer. Any clue?
    Which admin menu are you seeing "User tracking Config"? Configuration or Tools?

Look in an optional folder bundled with Admin Profiles. Apply that fix. Then follow a_berezin's workaround in his last post in this thread. That fixed it for me.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Woody:

I have made the category output optional via a configuration switch now in the archive version posted previously in this thread. To edit an existing version to add this switch, follow the below instructions:

In the file includes/functions/extra_functions/user_tracking.php

Locate the line which says:

Code:
    		if ($_GET['cPath']) {
    And replace this line with:

Code:
    		if ($_GET['cPath'] && ZEN_CONFIG_SHOW_USER_TRACKING_CATEGORY == 'true') {   // JTD:12/04/06 - Woody feature request
    Then execute the following in the patch tool:

Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'User Tracking (Show Product Category when tracking product clicks)', 'ZEN_CONFIG_SHOW_USER_TRACKING_CATEGORY', 'true', 'Show Product Category when tracking product clicks', 999, 60, '2006-12-05 11:19:26', '2006-12-05 21:20:07', NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
    The category name is still 'On' by default but now you can turn it 'Off' in the User Tracking Config settings.

As for what I would suggest on the home page, try this:

In the file includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_default.php

Find:

Code:
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
    Replace with:

Code:
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading"></h1>
    Then in the file includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php

Code:
    define('HEADING_TITLE','Home Page');
    or whatever you want the listing output to indicate.

The reason this version runs much faster than previous versions is that we have eliminated the call to gethostbyaddress() that was made for each ip address during the report listing. This produced extreme overhead since this call is effectively a DNS server query for each and every address and instead added the resolved host name to the record itself, since we already have that for each connection.

Hope this helps!
    Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    As for what I would suggest on the home page, try this:

In the file includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_default.php

Find:
    Code:
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading"></h1>
    Then in the file includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php
    Code:
    define('HEADING_TITLE','Home Page');
    or whatever you want the listing output to indicate.
    I'm just "testing" the UT mod update on fresh 1.36 install. For some reason the default ZC 1.36 HEADING_TITLE below was not appearing in User Tracking log when the home page was navigated to. As reported would kust show up blank.
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    So I just edited the define to something short and it now shows up fine in the UT log. Go figure.

I do appreciate the alternative recommends.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Jeff-

Couple items for the UT wishlist:

1. Although there is plenty of white space before the right edge of the table/grid, the URL's in the UT log are prematurely wrapping to a second line. For example:

/mytestshopcart/index.php?main_page=inde
    x&cPath=1
    2. Thanks for the new option in configuration to disable displaying the category title for product pages. However that fix causes blank titles to display when navigating the top level category and subcategory product listing pages.

Maybe test to see if URL is a product_info page. If so then don't display the category title. But if not a product_info page then display the category title.

Or something like that ;-)

Thanks,
    Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    1. Although there is plenty of white space before the right edge of the table/grid, the URL's in the UT log are prematurely wrapping to a second line. For example:
    Discovered 40 characters are allowed per line before a break tag is inserted.

In /admin/user_tracking.php
    On line appx line 371

Change the 40 to 50 or whatever number of characters you prefer ...

Code:
    <td class="dataTableContent" width=100&#37; align="left"><a href="<?php echo $pu['value']; ?>" target="_new"><?php echo chunk_split($pu['value'],40,"<br>"); ?></a></td>
    But I then tried removing the break:

Code:
    <td class="dataTableContent" width=100% align="left"><a href="<?php echo $pu['value']; ?>" target="_new"><?php echo $pu['value']; ?></a></td>
    Removing the hard break allows each log entry to display on one line. I do like this better.

But if your URL's are very long (e.g. if you have many levels of product subcategories, or if you are tracking admin logins w/ session id's, or are using SEO URL's) then you will likely often see a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of your browser window, if you make this change. Your choice.

-Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 9 Dec 2006 at 05:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I just tried to install and am getting an sql error. I dropped the table several times and tried to install the patch via both Myphp and the Zen tool with the same result.

Get the same error on 2 sites. Both are 1.3.6 zen and 1.3.6.1 of the mod.

I will also assume this is the reason there is no options under cinfig for this mod.
    --------------------------------
    SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )
    VALUES ( 999, 'User Tracking Config', 'User Tracking', 31, 1 ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1062 - Duplicate entry '999' for key 1
    ----------------------------------------

Im a database dummy and need a little guidance as to whether its an error in the supplied sql or if its me.
    My gene pool could use a little chlorine and a lifeguard.
    Inksale.com
    TeamFastEddy.com

Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast