Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

ok for some reason after re-uploading those two files my site has gone blank lol OK I reuploaded both "admin" and "Included" folder back into their spots and its up again, but still no tracking.
    Last edited by petro; 29 Aug 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok for some reason having this code in my template footer is not working... anyways I added the code to the bottom of my header and its tracking guests and such now....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by petro View Post
    ok for some reason after re-uploading those two files my site has gone blank lol OK I reuploaded both "admin" and "Included" folder back into their spots and its up again, but still no tracking.
    May need to clear your cache, sessions, and/or cookies in order to see changes. (Or use a different browser, that sometimes works for me in a quick pinch.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok for some reason having this code in my template footer is not working... anyways I added the code to the bottom of my header and its tracking guests and such now....
    You may have a problem in your footer or before it that is preventing getting to that line of code... Should verify that all of your footer content is appearing as expected and that there are no error messages associated with it.

Also, there are multiple header type files, so you will "lose" some tracking as guests go to the header files that you haven't added the code to; however, there is only one footer file for them all, which is partially why the code is captured in the footer. In development of using the observers, I tried to use the code associated with the headers; however, on multiple occasions I received odd location information about the user, so gave up and went back to the footer file in hopes that one day the notifier for the footer might be added to the core code.

Plugin Contributions

After messing around with the files in my template im not so sure its even using the footer in my template folder ugh.... Ive changed things around in it, deleted it etc and it doesnt change the footer on the site.... I clear cache and cookies before each refresh

Plugin Contributions

After messing around with the files in my template im not so sure its even using the footer in my template folder ugh.... Ive changed things around in it, deleted it etc and it doesnt change the footer on the site.... I clear cache and cookies before each refresh
    Well, if not mistaken that could cause problems with various browsers, because I thought there was HTML code that closes out the view of the webpage in it.

I would suggest that you either seek out more help in a new thread or hire someone to help.

Plugin Contributions

mc, ill take it to another thread. It looks like I have a tpl_top_html.php that looks just like the footer that my site is calling to not the footer.... wierd

Plugin Contributions

A couple issues with the install sql

1. CREATE TABLE user_tracking... TYPE=MyISAM
    should be ENGINE=MyISAM

That should fix mod related errors which show up in the logs
    ( includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120).

2. And the sort value should be 999 (not 31) for
    INSERT INTO configuration_group (`configuration_group_id`,.....

(and the uninstall sql posted to this thread adjusted accordingly).

3. Also the readme should say User Tracking Config now shows up in Tools menu (previously appeared in the Configuration menu)

Appreciate the updates to the mod to hide/show spider crawls.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post

1. CREATE TABLE user_tracking... TYPE=MyISAM
    should be ENGINE=MyISAM

That should fix mod related errors which show up in the logs
    ( includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120).

3. Also the readme should say User Tracking Config now shows up in Tools menu (previously appeared in the Configuration menu)

Appreciate the updates to the mod to hide/show spider crawls.
    - Item 1 is being corrected in an update.
    - Item 2 an the update is going to use the next number instead of forcing to 999 (suggestion posted ages ago by Dr. Byte, as such I have tried to go through the entire readme to pull in any suggestions/hints/tips to incorporate into the next update, these will be added as well.)
    - Item 3 noted and will update that in the documents. Last couple of updates were to specifically target some changes and did not include any form of comprehensive review.

This leads to the last non-bulleted item. During the comprehensive review it was identified that the code already partially hid spider crawls, the addition made is supposed to effectively hide them now, but the resulting "show spider crawls" does not truly show all of the spider crawls. This is an area that I would like to expand on and add some additional administrative controls to allow a store "reviewer" to be only allowed to do as permitted by the store owner. (Ie., may not be able to delete records, Hide from the reviewer the admin's activity or the activity of a particular individual (again would be logged, but not visible until the config switch was flipped allowing it to be seen), perhaps some other similar controls.) In review of the forum, there was guidance provided about what to enter into the footer to track various types of information, but have now seen that those hints were not incorporated, so would like to offer an admin switch to change the logging "preferences" as well.

I possibly could push out an interim update; however, have been wanting to not cycle the users of it, though I guess at least the SQL for a new install should be updated to help those newly coming on-board.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post

Been thinking about this particular comment and trying to understand. I took a look through my cart's database and found that in some cases the sort_id followed the configuration_group_id; however, in some cases not. Where is there information associated with the way this should go as a "general programming" option? I've already modified the preliminary update to reflect the same sort_id as the configuration_group_id (whatever it may end up being based on the user's cart), but when I changed the setting in my own cart's database nothing changed in my admin panel.

Further related to the config section, I am not sure why it was changed to be in the area of the Tools menu and was also "confused" about why. It would seem to me that it should fall into the configuration menu and that the User Tracking Log potentially stay where it is. Anyone have design input while moving forwards with additional updates either from a usage side or to meet ZC standards? (I realize this could be a can of worms, but if making changes, should consider the larger audience than my own "little world".)

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast