Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

Thanks Woodymon, I sure did. As I mentioned in initial post I updated from the old user tracking so the edited tpl_footer.php was already loaded. Thanks anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Just checking... as suggested in the readme, did you make the edit at the end of /includes/templates/YOUR TEMPLATE/common/tpl_footer.php ??

Plugin Contributions

User tracking mod is incredibly slow as written. There's a few reason for it.

First, dates are being stored as a varchar. That's bad, but workable.
    Second, there's no useful index in the table. To fix this, either use phpmyadmin to add an index on session_id, or use install sql patches in the zc admin to run the following:

Code:
    ALTER TABLE `user_tracking` ADD INDEX ( `time_entry` );
    ALTER TABLE `user_tracking` ADD INDEX ( `session_id` );
    ALTER TABLE `user_tracking` ADD INDEX ( `time_entry` );
    You will need to change `user_tracking` to include any table prefix, if you're using one.

This will speed up the User tracking admin page by a ton, with a slight increase in mysql table size.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GDOrn
    This will speed up the User tracking admin page by a ton, with a slight increase in mysql table size.
    Thanks for providing this info!

Now if I can get the UT Config to show up and be accessible from the Admin > Tools menu in Zen Cart 1.3.0.2 I would be set to go.

(I just installed User Tracking 20060114 on a fresh Zen Cart 1.3.0.2 install).

User Tracking is suppose to display two admin menus under Tools "User Tracking" and "User Tracking Config". I can see/access the "User Tracking" under Tools admin menu just fine. But cannot see/access "User Tracking Config", under Configuration or Tools menus.

It appears the sql packaged with User Tracking mod places the "User Tracking Config" admin menu entry under the Admin -> Tools. While it appears the "box file" for the "User Tracking Config" is set up to point to Admin -> Configuration.

Previously I was able to overcome the UT menu issues on ZC 1.27 and 1.3.01 since they were ZC upgrades previous correct UT mod info was retained in database. And on those versions I had employed Admin Levels and then later Admin Profiles mods, and was able to successfully access the UT Config menu.

But not on a fresh ZC 1.30.2 install.

Have just reviewed this thread and the archived support thread at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24695
    but still not sure how to resolve.

So after a bit of editing of the UT "box" file in extra_boxes (via instructions provided by Kuroi in his Admin Profiles 1.03 mod) I was able to see and access the User Tracking Config menu under Admin Tools.

Here is what I did:

I changed the SECOND entry in /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/user_tracking_tools_dhtml.php:

$za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_USER_TRACKING_CONFIG, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=999', 'NONSSL'));

TO:
    $za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_TOOLS_USER_TRACKING_CONFIG, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_USER_TRACKING_CONFIG, 'gID=999', 'NONSSL'));

After this adjustment the mod's "User Tracking Config" menu entry displayed correctly under Tools and the menu dialog could be accessed.

However the items on the "User Tracking Config" menu dialog are not accessible as they point to the /admin/configuration.php.

For example placing cursor over the "User Tracking Visitors" action button on the User Tracking Configuration dialog I see the URL pointed to is:
    http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/c...ID=999&cID=533

I don't understand the referecne to gID=999

I do see in the configuration table id=533 is for UserTracking Visitors

I really don't understand the full complexities of adding mods to the admin menus (e.g,. Configuration or Tools). Is there a doc avaialble exclaining the process or which might help me repair my issue.

Thanks for any info,
    Woody

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Woody,
    1. Do you have Admin Profiles installed?

2. When you click User Tracking Config (without your code changes), what happens?

3. Did you encounter any error messages when you ran the SQL for the mod?

4. Try re-running ALL of the commands in the "full" SQL file, EXCEPT the "DROP TABLE... and CREATE TABLE... statements. .... so ... start from the "DELETE FROM.... all the way to the end.
    Individual SQL statements end with a ;
    RUn each one individually via phpMyAdmin to be sure you don't get errors. If you do, report them all back here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Woody I have installed it 50 Times in 1.3.0.2
    works like a charm,
    its part of the zen cart we upload for new installs
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    1. Do you have Admin Profiles installed?
    Yes (guess I should have been more clear on that). I have latest AP version installed (1.03).

Many folks have had the same trouble with the UT Config menu showing up in admin when running when Admin Profiles (or previous Admin Levels) was installed. Not an expert on this but pretty certain it is not an Admin Profiles (or Admin Levels) issue, but an ongoing unresloved issue with the User Tracking installer configuration. Hoping we can narrow it down.

2. When you click User Tracking Config (without your code changes), what happens?
    User Tracking Config does not show up in Admin menus w/o my code changes. ;-)
    Crux of the issue!

3. Did you encounter any error messages when you ran the SQL for the mod?
    No.

4. Try re-running ALL of the commands in the "full" SQL file, EXCEPT the "DROP TABLE... and CREATE TABLE... statements. .... so ... start from the "DELETE FROM.... all the way to the end.
    Individual SQL statements end with a ;
    RUn each one individually via phpMyAdmin to be sure you don't get errors. If you do, report them all back here.
    First, before running the SQL as recommended above I already see the five expected User Tracking entries in the "Configuration" table (configuration_id's 533-537). I've verified everyhthing shows up in the DB as instructed by the full-install SQL.

So not sure exactly what re-running the SQL again will do. Anyway, after I ran the recommended SQL via phpmyadmin I observed "Your SQL query has been executed successfully". No errors.

Again I'm pretty sure this is an ongoing installer config issue in the User Tracking distribution. (Many have observed same issue over past six months). Again I lucked out with previous UT install on another shop since I had the earlier "Advanced User Tracking" installed (purchased from tobyd) which had correct entries in database. And those correct DB entries remained when migrated to Pingheads version and while upgrading Zen Cart from 1.24, to 1.25, 1.26, 1.27, to 1.30, 1.3.01 and then to 1.3.0.2.

But on a fresh install of ZC 1.3.0.2 I observe the User Tracking Config admin menu wickedness ;-)

It doesn't really matter where "User Tracking Config" shows up in admin, under Configuration or Tools, I'll just be happy to have it to show up in either location and work ;-)

Any standards documentation available for "ZC mod developers" on how to set up mod installation for Zen Cart? Or does current version of ZC support same installer processes that work for developing mods for OSC?

Thank you for any insight,

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    Woody I have installed it 50 Times in 1.3.0.2
    works like a charm,
    its part of the zen cart we upload for new installs
    Thanks Merlin,

Are you running with Admin Profiles 1.03?

Woody

Plugin Contributions

I am using the older admin levels that was upgraded to to 1.3
    I just had to go into the admin permissions section and grant permission for the file to show.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    I am using the older admin levels that was upgraded to to 1.3
    I just had to go into the admin permissions section and grant permission for the file to show.
    Yes that is all I had to do on the upgraded shop running Admin Profiles.

But on fresh 1.3.0.2 install "User Tracking Config" does not appear in Admin Settings > Edit Permissions (for master admin account or any other accounts). "User Tracking" shows but not "User Tracking Config".

Once I followed Kuroi's recommend to create an updated box file for the mod (in his instructions titled "Updating box files - a step-by-step guide") I was able to make "User Tracking Config" appear in the Admin > Tools menu (had to implement my edits as previously noted). But the links in the "User Tracking Config" dialog do not work. Instead the browser is redirected to http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/denied.php
    showing:

Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.
    Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Sure this is something simple in the User Tracking installer set-up, just cannot put my finger on it.

All my other mods admin menus show up just fine.

Wishing I knew more about the process of how to insert mod specific menus into the Zen Cart admin menu system.

Woody

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Sure this is something simple in the User Tracking installer set-up, just cannot put my finger on it.
    The config part is driven by access to /admin/configuration.php ... which is restricted by the admin profiles mod.
    That's the crux of the issue.

Wishing I knew more about the process of how to insert mod specific menus into the Zen Cart admin menu system.
    For pages that are run via dedicated /admin/xxxxx.php files, using the /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes approach is the way.

The user-tracking-config option is a creative twist on the use of the normal access of the Admin->Configuration menu. Props to the designer for creativity. Well done. Too bad it bypasses traditional methods and thus the Admin Profiles mod doesn't recognize it in order to present it to you for configuration. I haven't read the post about how to retrofit the admin profiles mod to support it, but that's where you need to go to fix it.

Or just turn off Admin profiles for the one-time configuration you're trying to do... and then turn it back on again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast