Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

Thanks for follow-up Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    The config part is driven by access to /admin/configuration.php ... which is restricted by the admin profiles mod. That's the crux of the issue.
    Ok, that makes sense.

For pages that are run via dedicated /admin/xxxxx.php files, using the /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes approach is the way.
    OK, now I see what Kuroi was explaining in his document.

The user-tracking-config option is a creative twist on the use of the normal access of the Admin->Configuration menu. Props to the designer for creativity. Well done.

Too bad it bypasses traditional methods and thus the Admin Profiles mod doesn't recognize it in order to present it to you for configuration.
    OK now I see I was too quick to judge. So we have a compatibility issue between Admin Profiles and User Tracking. Just noting in this thread and the archived UT thread many people haiving same issue and did not note a solution or workaround.

I haven't read the post about how to retrofit the admin profiles mod to support it, but that's where you need to go to fix it.
    Actually it's not a post. It's a short text file included in Admin Profiles 1.03 distribution "updating box files (a step-by-step guide).txt", if anyone wants to check out.

I followed instructions in that document and was the basis of my previously mentioned edits that allowed me to access "User Tracking Config" under the Tools menu.

But it did not solve accessing links on the User Tracking dialog, specifically:

http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/c...ID=999&cID=538
    http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/c...ID=999&cID=539
    http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/c...ID=999&cID=540
    http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/c...ID=999&cID=541
    http://www.mydomain.com/shop/admin/c...ID=999&cID=542

The configuration checkbox that appears at the bottom of Admin Profiles is checked so I should be able to access.

I'm wondering if the gID=999 parameter is part of issue?

Or just turn off Admin profiles for the one-time configuration you're trying to do... and then turn it back on again.
    I do not see any switch or easy method to disable. Or are you recommending uninstalling AP just to make minor UT Config changes and then reinstall AP? I am certain there is a better solution ;-)

Any others out there that have Admin Profiles and User Tracking working together whom have observed issue with "User Trackign Config" not showing up in admin menus? And anyone solved or created convenient workaround?

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    I'm wondering if the gID=999 parameter is part of issue?
    I see the five UT entries in the database's "configuration" table, have configuration_group_id set to 999.

Whereas all other items in that table configuration_group_id is set to 1.

Also I see in the "admin_files" table:

id page header submenu
    -- -------- -------- -------
    91 {blank} 0 0
    92 user_tracking 0 0
    93 configuration 0 0
    94 user_tracking_config 0 0

Two Notes:
    (1) the "blank" entry (id=91) appears to have been created during the install of User Tracking. I don't understand?
    (2) "configuration" shows up in this list. Appears to be related to the links on the "User Tracking Config" dialog?

One other item I just noticed. In the Admin Profiles full-install SQL for the "admin_files" table I do not observe an item with id=77. However I do observe an entry in Admin Profiles full-install SQL for "admin_allowed_pages" table for id=77

I am reviewing the Archived Admin Profiles thread at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198425

Also wondering why the links on the "User Tracking" menu & links on the dialog interface are implemented in admin with "traditional methods", yet the "User Tracking Config" menu and links on that dialog interface are implemented with the "creative twist".

BTW please don't take my posting on this issue as criticism. Both User Tracking and Admin Profiles are great mods. I'm just asking questions, searching for solution so AP and UT and co-habitate ;-)

Also I'm posting this in UT support forum as I've noted posts here from others having same issue. (I have not observed similar posts in AP support forum).

Woody

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've just updated the Admin Profiles contribution with a few changes to accomodate the need:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=86

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Chris!
    Last edited by Woodymon; 6 Aug 2006 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I was referring to something I believe you had referred to a few times in your inquiries.

Nevertheless, as you say,
    Actually it's not a post. It's a short text file included in Admin Profiles 1.03 distribution "updating box files (a step-by-step guide).txt", if anyone wants to check out.
    I spent several hours studying the issue and preparing the above contribution update in response to your questions. Perhaps you could test it out and see if it solves your problem?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was referring to something I believe you had referred to a few times in your inquiries.
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if you were referring to the same doc.

I spent several hours studying the issue and preparing the above contribution update in response to your questions. Perhaps you could test it out and see if it solves your problem?
    Testing right now...

SUCCESS! Works great! "User Tracking Config" now shows up under Admin > Tools and all the entires on the UT Config admin dialog work.

I've read and reread through the AP and UT support threads (and both archive threads) today to see if I could find a solution. I'm glad you did as I was starting to burn out on this subject (and I'm sure everyone was tired of me blabbering on about the issue).

A number of people observing the same issue will also be happy to hear of your effort, and I'm sure everyone else that comes along and installs both AP and UT.

Please post announce of your excellent update to the Admin Profiles support thread and maybe also PM Peter and Petter ;-).

Thanks again.
    Woody

Plugin Contributions

Testing right now...

SUCCESS! Works great! "User Tracking Config" now shows up under Admin > Tools and all the entires on the UT Config admin dialog work.
    I spoke a bit too soon. "User Tracking Config" shows up under Admin > Tools, EXCEPT when I have selected an item from the Admin > Configuration menu. Then "User Tracking Config" disappears from the Admin > Tools menu.

Plugin Contributions

"User Tracking Config" shows up under Admin > Tools, EXCEPT when I have selected an item from the Admin > Configuration menu. Then "User Tracking Config" disappears from the Admin > Tools menu.
    "User Tracking Config" also disappears from the Tools menu when the User Tracking Config admin page is open

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That issue may have to wait. It's partly related to the "twist" used in storing those menu options.

It'll be much easier to resolve as a result of our Admin Rewrite later in our Roadmap...

Plugin Contributions

That issue may have to wait. It's partly related to the "twist" used in storing those menu options.

It'll be much easier to resolve as a result of our Admin Rewrite later in our Roadmap...
    Thanks Chris. Just thought you would want the heads up. In the scope of things just very minor issues. Much more important things to work on. And look forward to the admin rewrite ;-) And thanks again for providing the update.

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast