Plugin Contributions

Default Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

Hello,

The site I am working on is http://www.waterpurefilters.com.au/shop/
    You can see the above error message there.

There was a whole bunch of errors that I fixed after editing the database after moving from a local Debian server to a webhosting provider. Unfortunately this one remains. Basically the webhosting provider has a security feature to drop in a .htaccess file to disable access to any directory that contains files writable to group or anyone.

Anyone know how to fix or work around this?

thanks,

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Re: Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

If you find out let me know I have the exact same problem I had the shopping cart on a different domain inside a directory then I purchased a new domain moved the site and moved the store to the top level and fixed the config files to point to the new domain and now I have this same error and I have gone thru just about every config file I can find and don't see where any of them point to a downloads file if there was someway to turn off downloads (since I won't be using them) that would be great as well.

the site I'm having the problem on now is

www.xxxerotic############s.com

also another problem I'm having and can't figure out which file to go to is I tried turning on the website maint. feature so that people wouldn't get this error while I'm working on it and it is still looking at the old domain anyone know where to go to fix the admin files for that?
    Age is a question of Mind over Matter,
    If you don't Mind, it don't matter!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

These articles may help clarify some of what you might have missed...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...dex&cPath=1_56

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I can't see anything on that section that helps.

How can I disable the error message?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I guess if your host is forcing the folder to be non-visible, you're not going to be able to use the "downloads" feature of Zen Cart.

Thus, you can disable the security warning by creating a new file called:
    [FONT="Courier New"]/includes/extra_configures/disable_downloads.php[/FONT]
    and insert the following into it:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    define
    ('WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE''false');
    ?>
    Last edited by DrByte; 12 May 2006 at 05:22 AM. Reason: oops - typo fixed

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. It looks like we are getting somewhere.

I tried what you suggest and by default it creeated an additional error message.
    So I decided to change it to false instead of true as to me that seemed to make more sense.

Now I only get one error but the original downloads error is gone.
    If we can get rid of this error that would be fantastic!

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/waterpur/public_html/shop/includes/extra_configures/disable_downloads.php:3) in /home/waterpur/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

thanks,

Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Make sure you have no blank lines or spaces at the beginning or end of that file (disable_downloads.php)