Thread: Newb Question!

Plugin Contributions

Newb Question!

I'm making a site for my sister; and this is my first dabbling with e-commerce!

Basically; I need/want the cart to really intergrate with the site I'd designed... but I don't know if its at all possible!!

The site is http://www.kentheating.co.uk

I need it so just the products and buttons for more info and add to cart appears under products. and the cart/more info stuff appears there too... does that make sense??

How hard will this be to do? I'm a completly newb when it comes to zen cart and a semi-newb when it comes to php and most css =(

Are there any good tutorials or anything available? Where's the best starting place?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newb Question!

That should be possible. Try to imagine this in your mind:

Imagine that horizontal red line going right across the page which runs from just below contacts right across to where you have the dark grey background cell. Now imagine this red line and anything above it was a seperate web page.

Next imagine the next seperate web page would be where the second horizontal red line is (i.e. the centre section)

Finally imagine what is left is a third web page.

You have 3 pages in total, a top, a middle and a bottom.

In very simplistic zencart terms these would equate to the three bits which are assembled by zencart when the page is dynamically created (e.g. header.php, main.php and footer.php). Remember, I am talking in very simplistic terms here.

To keep things simple, all you have to do is identify the different sections of Zencart which would fit with your desired layout, find out which pages construct that section then adjust the design of that page to suit what you want. (You would put your customised version iside your own template folder).

Short of telling how to do it step by step, this is the simplest explanation I can think of but I hope it at least gets you started.

JollyJim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newb Question!

Thats a nice response from JollyJim (living up to his name). Here's a pointer to how to start creating your own template.