Page 43 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI

hi...

i got this working,and i believe all is well...

i think i'm in a bit of a different position than the rest, as we really don't depend on quickbooks at this time...
    we want too... but have avoided it, since we'd have to copy all the 1000s of customers and products over to quickbooks...

Will this mod let me push my customers/orders/products from zencart to quickbooks?

how do i do this...?

i read all the doc's and such, but it's all on how to set up QBI, and nothing on how to use it... is there a user-guide floating around out there, in one form or another?

sorry, i'm just a bit quickbooks-dumb....

:)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DTB View Post
    hi...

i got this working,and i believe all is well...

i think i'm in a bit of a different position than the rest, as we really don't depend on quickbooks at this time...
    we want too... but have avoided it, since we'd have to copy all the 1000s of customers and products over to quickbooks...

Will this mod let me push my customers/orders/products from zencart to quickbooks?

how do i do this...?

i read all the doc's and such, but it's all on how to set up QBI, and nothing on how to use it... is there a user-guide floating around out there, in one form or another?

sorry, i'm just a bit quickbooks-dumb....

:)
    its actually really easy once you finish configuring it :). Under Customers is a link for Quickbooks Import QBI (or something like that). Click that, then click "Create IIF".. and you will be brought to a screen with about 10 options. Most of the options are self explanatory.. such as new orders, previous orders, etc.. theres about a half page of instructions in the same manual you used to configure it. basically all you do is download the file, and then in quickbooks import it (file -> utilities -> import -> iif files).. and it should import properly assuming its configured right

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

just a quick question I am getting a MAC Notebook and want to know if i will have any problems, with importing my orders from zencart to quickbooks on my mac?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sndonline View Post
    Hi,

just a quick question I am getting a MAC Notebook and want to know if i will have any problems, with importing my orders from zencart to quickbooks on my mac?

Thanks
    Hi,

That should be no problem with the current QBI 3.21 release. Earlier versions had some issues with the Mac but these have been corrected.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Wow I started reading the previous thread about this project from the beginning, got to the end of that and was like "WOO now what? Is it released?" then I found this "extention" and was like SWEET!!! it's released! my question is:

Does this work like the thing QB is selling or promoting where you have to get the specific hosting and use a specific cart?

I got a guy that got QB Pro and the Retail POS thing and wants to synchronize his store inventory with his QB and a shopping cart on his website as well as synchronize the orders from the shopping cart to his QB... Basically he wants to intergrate everything into QB so he don't have to double up on data entry and time consuming crap like that. Will this do that for him?

Jadnet

Plugin Contributions

hi adam
    I know my question seems to be very simple, BUT for me is still working with QBI foggy .
    wel, I installed QBI 3.21 on a fresh zen1.3.7, in admin I could configure quickbooks import and I see all menus of the QBI.
    then I went to creat iif, and above the page I see:
    Warning: Some products are missing the model name! Correct this issue before creating iif files!
    anyway, when I try do download for exp.
    All Previous Products
    Quan: 141
    No.: 2 to 208
    Date: Nov 3, 2003 12:32 pm to Apr 27, 2007 12:08 pm
    or
    All Customers
    Quan: 1
    No.: 1

i get this message:
    Fatal error: Class 'output_file_iif_gb' not found in ...www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\qbi_classes_output.php on line 46

now two question:
    1- do I have to donload or buy another software in order to work with QBI, if yes, any idea or some links ? is there any program ?
    2- why do I get this message, even if I have this file in the class directory?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hey reza,
    The other software you need is Quickbooks (not QB Simple Start though) since the purpose of QBI is to automate importation of Zen Cart orders into QB. Other than that, and Zen Cart, nothing is needed.

The message that products are missing model names is because all products must have something in the model field in order for QBI to recognize them. I might be mistaken, but I believe that a product without anything in the model field will simply result in a blank line in any order containing that product, which would make the order out of balance when you try to import it.

I'm sure that Adam will be along to help you w/ your error at some point. Sorry I cannot assist there.

Audra

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Quickbooks Import QBI

Adam,
    Please advise - back in August 2006 we installed this mod and it placed all our shipped orders with a status of processing in the Zencart Admin control panel. We have not been able to get them out of processing even though we used the QBI configure to reset in this manner:

Control Panel > Customers > QBI > Configure >

Orders:
    Import orders with status: Processing

Update status:
    Change CC order status to: Shipped
    Change check/mo status to: Updated

Update

What is to be done?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by audradh View Post
    Hey reza,
    The other software you need is Quickbooks (not QB Simple Start though) since the purpose of QBI is to automate importation of Zen Cart orders into QB. Other than that, and Zen Cart, nothing is needed.

The message that products are missing model names is because all products must have something in the model field in order for QBI to recognize them. I might be mistaken, but I believe that a product without anything in the model field will simply result in a blank line in any order containing that product, which would make the order out of balance when you try to import it.

I'm sure that Adam will be along to help you w/ your error at some point. Sorry I cannot assist there.

Audra
    hi
    thanks .
    there are many software, do you know a link to a software that completely confirm with the need of QBI for zen?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jadnet View Post
    Wow I started reading the previous thread about this project from the beginning, got to the end of that and was like "WOO now what? Is it released?" then I found this "extention" and was like SWEET!!! it's released! my question is:

Does this work like the thing QB is selling or promoting where you have to get the specific hosting and use a specific cart?

I got a guy that got QB Pro and the Retail POS thing and wants to synchronize his store inventory with his QB and a shopping cart on his website as well as synchronize the orders from the shopping cart to his QB... Basically he wants to intergrate everything into QB so he don't have to double up on data entry and time consuming crap like that. Will this do that for him?

Jadnet
    The download of QBI available here in the contributions section works with Zen Cart only. QBI is also available for some other related un-named carts (I don't think I'm allowed to talk about them here). It does not work with the carts that QB lists on their site, that include built-in integration. From what I can tell from the information these carts provide, the integration that QBI offers is far more extensive, automated, and complete than these other solutions.

Thanks,
    Adam

Page 43 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast