Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1211
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI

Just installed QBI on 1.5. I ran into a snag with the SQL not working and I suspect its the same problem that RBiZ and others may have. It looks like some of the SQL commands are not supported by newer MySql versions. Under catalog/admin find the file qbi_0-00_3-21.sql and change all occurrences the following:

timestamp(14)
    to
    timestamp

TYPE=MyISAM
    to
    ENGINE=MyISAM

Save the file and upload it and try installing the database changes again. If you are upgrading then you will have to edit all the .sql files with these changes.

So far its working, well at least I'm able to configure it. I still have to do my first import.

Dan, if you still don't have this working let me know. I bet I can fix it. My email is gpstrackphone (at) gmail dot com.

Pete

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
    Just installed QBI on 1.5. I ran into a snag with the SQL not working and I suspect its the same problem that RBiZ and others may have...
    These MySQL changes were already explained back in posts 1188 and 1189 and are needed if you are running MySQL v5.5 or later.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RBiZ View Post
    OK I followed the instructions posted by delia for Admin Page Registration and was able to get to the database installation page (I placed it in "customers" rather than tools). I ran this step and it said that the installation was successful, however when I follow the instructions to configure QBI it takes me back to the install page /qbi_install.php?db_ver=0&qbi_vers=3.21
    There is no option to configure.
    QBI doesn't check before saying "Successful". If you are redirected to the table installation page, then the tables were not successfully installed. QBI uses the database constants set in the ZC /includes/configure.php file. Make sure that these are set up correctly, and that you have put the QBI files in the correct location. Also, check your server log immediately after trying the install for PHP errors that might indicate the problem.
    Thanks, Adam (QBI creator)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adam5532 View Post
    These MySQL changes were already explained back in posts 1188 and 1189 and are needed if you are running MySQL v5.5 or later.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Dang thanks for pointing that out. Not sure what would have been faster? Reading all 1200 posts or just looking at my logs :) You should update the SQL files, probably only takes 2 min... Not many people running the older versions of MySql.

Also I did not see anything compelling to update to the paid version other than the possibility it works better out of the box. What about donations to you, do you have a paypal account for that? You may collect more money by donation, just a thought.

Anyways thanks for the great plugin! Works on 1.5 and QB2013. I'm still working out import issues but I believe its the configuration on my end.

Pete

Plugin Contributions

Pete,

Quote Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
    Dang thanks for pointing that out. Not sure what would have been faster? Reading all 1200 posts or just looking at my logs :) You should update the SQL files, probably only takes 2 min... Not many people running the older versions of MySql.
    The free version of QBI is 6 years old. If I touch it, that opens up a whole can of worms, because the PHP also needs updating as well. I hope to replace it at some point with a stripped down version of the current paid version, but I haven't found the time to do that.
    Also I did not see anything compelling to update to the paid version other than the possibility it works better out of the box. What about donations to you, do you have a paypal account for that? You may collect more money by donation, just a thought.
    I don't accept donations--I wouldn't take it for six year old code. If you really would like to give me money, then buy the paid version and fairly compensate me for my time and effort. I tried the donation route at first and what I got was miniscule and often insulting (considering the thousands of dollars it saves a typical store in data entry time). QBI (in its current form) has about 10,000 lines of code and has taken 1,000s of hours to write and improve. It also takes a lot of time to support. Maybe donations work for simple plugins, but not for this--that's why I long ago switched to a paid model.
    Anyways thanks for the great plugin! Works on 1.5 and QB2013. I'm still working out import issues but I believe its the configuration on my end.

Pete
    Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Where can we see the paid version??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CCMall View Post
    Where can we see the paid version??
    I can't discuss that in this forum, but Google it and you will find it.
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I just installed this and nothing happened. I don't see it under Customers or Config or anywhere. Is it because I'm using the latest version on Zen and maybe it doesn't work with it??

I want to sort the list of QB items on the QBI>Match>Products page. I've searched and searched for the SQL and just cannot find it. Anyone know where to make this change?

Thanks,
    Leslie
    I was floating in a peaceful sea...rescued by a sinking ship.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I just installed this and nothing happened. I don't see it under Customers or Config or anywhere. Is it because I'm using the latest version on Zen and maybe it doesn't work with it??
    Likewise, Installed qbi_zen155e on Zencart 1.5.5e, seems too easy, no instructions, are files missing in the latest contribution?