Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbooks Import QBI

I hope your contrib has a link to send one-time donations to help you keep supportin it, I like the way timkroeger Image Handler 2 has a link within his contrib to send one-time donations. I always try to get my customer to make a one off donations to both Zen-cart and any contribs that they find they can't live without.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarcus66
    I hope your contrib has a link to send one-time donations to help you keep supportin it, I like the way timkroeger Image Handler 2 has a link within his contrib to send one-time donations. I always try to get my customer to make a one off donations to both Zen-cart and any contribs that they find they can't live without.
    I appreciate the thought! I do have a link and a PayPal button on 2.10, but frankly there are a lot of people that talk about donating but don't come through -- it is of course up to the individual, but I suspect that a lot of people are benefiting and forget to give something back. I'm trying to decide before releasing 3.0 how to deal with that problem, without seeming heavy handed. Encouraging registration, offering store links and banners on the new QBI support site for those that contribute at certain levels, automatic registration and donation reminders (some people don't want to donate until they have used it for a while, and then they never do). Currently, I'm up to about 475 hours on the project!

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Just to let you know Adam that I did donate a long time ago under a different name for your osc contrib.
    I would definately NOT include something like Tim does (mentioned above) as it was the first thing I removed from his contribution and didnt exactly make me want to donate, especially as his screen shots differ from what you actually use.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy
    Just to let you know Adam that I did donate a long time ago under a different name for your osc contrib.
    I would definately NOT include something like Tim does (mentioned above) as it was the first thing I removed from his contribution and didnt exactly make me want to donate, especially as his screen shots differ from what you actually use.
    I greatly appreciate that you donated, especially before the software was released! I just did a bunch of screen shots, and they will match exactly! However, it is very time consuming, so I can understand if he has gotten behind on updating them.

- Adam

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adam5532
    Hi All,

I'm happy to say that the basic rewrite of QBI (Quickbooks Import) 3.0 is done! Now, I need to work out a few small issues, do the SQL table files, update the documentation, and work on ZenCart compatability. So, it really is getting close!

Thanks,
    Adam
    no adam, thank you...

will there be a payment module for quickbooksmerchantservice?

http://www.quickbooksmerchantservice...es/pricing.php

i think what you're doing is possibly one of the most important zc projects.

you're talking about millions of QB users out there possibly looking for a better solution than homestead, godaddy or the other QB ecom hosts that have no flexibility.

there's almost no mention of zc at http://www.quickbooksgroup.com/forums/

this should change, no?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by neuzen
    no adam, thank you...

will there be a payment module for quickbooksmerchantservice?

http://www.quickbooksmerchantservice...es/pricing.php
    I took a look at the GoDaddy QB integration. It looks far more limited than what QBI can do. You can't even import customer information with your orders -- they all import as one customer! From what I can tell from looking at the GoDaddy Quick Shopping Cart, the QB merchant service gateway is not integrated into the shopping cart. The integration just imports your receipts into QB, and then you have to charge each order using the merchant account features from within QB.

So, you'd have to get the API from Intuit, and I don't know if it even has the ability to communicate directly with a shopping cart. QBI will work with any payment module that you use with ZenCart, because the payment actually happens in the shopping cart, and QBI only needs to determine if the order has been paid for or not. Besides, iif files don't have fields for credit card numbers (a future release of QBI will be able to make XML files, which can hold that information and then you will be able to process credit cards within QB using their merchant service if you wish).

I think the best solution is to use Authorize.net with Zen-Cart and QBI. It is a real online gateway, which means that you don't have to spend any time charging cards or going back to customers if the charge is declined. And QBI imports all the billing and shipping contact information, as well as the customer's chosen shipping method and comments.
    i think what you're doing is possibly one of the most important zc projects.

you're talking about millions of QB users out there possibly looking for a better solution than homestead, godaddy or the other QB ecom hosts that have no flexibility.
    If those millions would only send me $1 each, I'd be happy!

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting QBI for ZenCart's release. I'm up now at 4am working on it! I'm currently testing it in ZenCart and making tweaks as needed (so far it is working nicely). And the documentation rewrite is partially done.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

Actually the Quickbooks Merchant services payment gateway is Innovative Gateway Solutions and I believe there is a contrib for it for ZC. Do a search for the above in the forums. I hope I am not mistaken.

Plugin Contributions

um, no zen :: https://www.innovativegateway.com/compatiblecarts.htm

probably has something to do with the fact that qbms doesnt use a gateway.

would be cool if qbms payment mod swam by.

Plugin Contributions

The previous contributions were removed when the ZenCart contribution site was redone recently, so if it was there maybe it will come back. The Innovative Merchant Systems (which I believe was recently purchased by Intuit) website has almost no information, but does have a contact form, so I don't know if they make the API available. I'm not interested in working on that now, but if there is already a contribution or someone else writes one, it will work with QBI.

Thanks,
    Adam

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast