Thread: Quick Updates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Quick Updates

I've got the latest zen and installed the latest compatible Quick Updates module, eveything seems fine however the main part is missing...

No products in the quick updates list. I've tried everything! Please tell me I've missed something obvious.

There's no reported errors or anything, just 0 products available in the quick updates menus. I've searched and searched and cannot locate anyone with a similar problem.....

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Updates

you need to turn register globals ON in your htaccess file
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Merlin. However just wondering as my site is hosted on a windows server and apparently (so I'm led to believe, they don't use the .htaccess files?) However also, there's a .htaccess.txt file in the root folder which contains the text 'php_flag register_globals on' in there. Is that the one you were referring to?

I'm not too flash with my knowledge on windows servers. So I'm not too sure as to what needs to be done if it's already apparently on in there.

Plugin Contributions

Wrote to my isp and they afvised they dont turn on Register Globals at all, Is there another way around this. From what I've been reading, register globals is pretty much always to be never turned on.

Plugin Contributions

Have let several days pass, and still no answer to this? A few thousand users and no possibilities?

Come on peeps, if you've got this sorted out please respond. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried EZ populate this works with Globals On or Off

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34970

I don't use Quick Updates so I don't know what it does?
    Last edited by Scrat; 18 May 2006 at 02:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Scrat
    Have you tried EZ populate this works with Globals On or Off

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34970

I don't use Quick Updates so I don't know what it does?
    Yap, I've got that one also. Works well. I think I might just stick what that and remove the quick updates altogether. It doesn't appear to have much support with it. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerm
    Have let several days pass, and still no answer to this?
    That's 'cos Merlin answered your original question and although you passed comment on his response, you didn't ask any further questions so it looked like a completed thread.

Background is, that programmers used to work with Register Globals ON making data widely available.

Nowadays we better recognise some of the security vulnerabilities that this can cause and best practice is to work with them OFF. But code ritten with the assumption that they are on will not work. The only solutions are to re-write the code or find different software that doesn't make this assumption (which is where Scrat is directing you).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi
    The only solutions are to re-write the code or find different software that doesn't make this assumption (which is where Scrat is directing you).
    With the caveat that Quick Updates and Easypopulate are two entirely different things - one allows you to upload batches of products, the other allows you to edit batches of products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi
    That's 'cos Merlin answered your original question and although you passed comment on his response, you didn't ask any further questions so it looked like a completed thread.

Background is, that programmers used to work with Register Globals ON making data widely available.

Nowadays we better recognise some of the security vulnerabilities that this can cause and best practice is to work with them OFF. But code ritten with the assumption that they are on will not work. The only solutions are to re-write the code or find different software that doesn't make this assumption (which is where Scrat is directing you).

Which I advised I used, and additionally advised will delete the quick updates mod. . Used to doesn't mean IS which is current. As Kelv said they're two dirreferent programs completely serving two entirely different requirements. Seems Register globals OFF has been standard for quite some time now.
    Last edited by tuckerm; 19 May 2006 at 12:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast