Thread: Remove TOP Bar

Plugin Contributions

Default Remove TOP Bar

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the bar right at the top of the page where the Home / Login Links are and Search box is right at the top of the page?

I have tried looking into the code and cannot find it.

please could someone help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove TOP Bar

the file you need to edit is located in:

includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> common -> tpl_header.php

If you're using a version prior to v1.3.0.1 you need to edit this section
    Code:
            <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="headerNavigation" align="center">
              <tr class="headerNavigation">
                <td align="left" valign="top" width="50%" class="headerNavigation">
                  <a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
                  <a href="http://weddings.mysticmountainnaturals.com">Wedding Shop</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLIST, '', 'SSL'); ?>">Wish List</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
                  <a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
                  <a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>
    <?php
          } else {
            if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
                  <a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a>
    <?php } } ?>
                </td>
                <td align="center" width="25%"><?php /* require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/' . 'search_header.php'); */ ?></td>
                <td class="headerNavigation" align="right" valign="top" width="33%">
    <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
                  <a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="../../classic/common/<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?>&raquo;</a>
    <?php }?>
                </td>
              </tr>
            </table>
    for v1.3.0.1 you need to edit this:
    Code:
    <!--bof-navigation display-->
    <div id="navMainWrapper">
    <div id="navMain">
        <ul class="back">
        <li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
         <li><a href="http://weddings.mysticmountainnaturals.com">Wedding Gifts</a></li>

<?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <?php
          } else {
            if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="navMainSearch forward"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/search_header.php'); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </div>
    <!--eof-navigation display-->

Plugin Contributions

Create your own tpl_header.php in the common directory of your template and delete (or comment out) everything between <!--bof-navigation display--> and <!--eof-navigation display-->
    Last edited by kuroi; 11 May 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

i tried that, but it still doesnt work.
    i couldnt find the code in the classic template but it was in template_default directory. i removed what you said. but it didnt work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seaney
    i tried that, but it still doesnt work.
    i couldnt find the code in the classic template but it was in template_default directory. i removed what you said. but it didnt work.
    OK. This is a new site isn't it? So I will bet you have defaulted to the classic template (which isn't the best one to use), but not yet created and applied a new template of your own upon which to apply the change I suggested. The reason that it doesn't work when you apply it to the template_default is because that's not active.

Step One: replace the code that you have deleted. If you need to you should be able to extract this file on its own from the Zen Cart release zip, or if you need it, I will happily email it to you.

Step Two: Follow the trail started by this link to see how to set up your own template (and why).

Step Three: Come back and do the recommended change.