Plugin Contributions

Default Tax value not added in check out

I have added the Netherlands tax rate of 19% to the tax classes/tax rates area. When I add a product, I click the netherlands tax rate so it applies to the product. During pricing, the net and gross price look fine. However, when viewed in the e-store, it only shows the non-taxed price. During checkout the tax is never added to the total. I have worked around this by making my net product price include tax, therefore causing the gross price to be 19% higher than it should be. During checkout, everything looks fine as the tax of 19% is never applied. However, this is not correct.

I have display tax for both admin and store both set to true in my store configuration.

Lastly, I can not seem to set the zone in the configuration utility...could this be the problem? The dropdown box is empty.

Thanks,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Please help me with my tax during check out!!!

I am really pulling my hair out with this tax problem. All of my settings appear to be correct, however, the tax is not added during checkout. At the moment I am simply addind 19% (Dutch sales tax rate) to the prices and not showing the tax during checkout. However, a friend of mine loged in under his account the other day and found that the tax was added...so I assumed that it was because I am the administrator of the site or something. Today, I changed all the prices so that the tax would be added correctly, asked my friend to log in again to check if it was working correctly...and it is NOT. So the problem doesn't even seem to be consistant. PLEASE respond to this as I have my site up and running (www.crackedkettle.com) and want to add new products. I have been ALL OVER this forum looking for answers and all I can think of is that there is a bug for forign companies and the problem lies in a problem with the zone setting not matching or something like that (I can't select a zone under 'store' but I can select netherlands under the 'tax' area.

Thanks,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax value not added in check out

I jave not attempted for a foreign area but I think that the basics still apply:

There are several settings in several areas of the admin that control how & when tax is applied. They must all be set to what is required.

The ones that I think might be tripping you up could be those that specify if the tax is applied on the shipping destination, which I think is the default setting.

So if the store is set in a certian locale and the product is to be shipped to a destination outside of this locale tax is not applied. I do not recall exactly where each of these switches are but I know that they exist. Poke around and look for them and how they are currently set.
    I can't select a zone under 'store"
    This could also be a problem, I think that the cart is default Florida, see if you can locate this and reset to your locale.

Hope this assists you
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten