Plugin Contributions

Default Config Taxes - Counties

Excellent article posted here - be DrByte for the Canadian fellows.... I am thinking this could be implemented here in the states (**hope?) For County taxes. In my state we have a flat tax percentage that is calculated on the sales price of the order if the order ships to anywhere in the state. Then our state is split into 69 counties (?provinces?) of which 59 charge an additional percentage. For example

Subtotal amount of sale = 10.00
    State tax = 5%
    County tax = .60%
    total tax rate 5.6 %

Applied to the subtotal = 10.56

We can list the tax rates together so there is no need to further split them on the invoice. We have 2 states that we have to do this for, so the question of how to select the correct county for which state. (*hopefully they do this otherwise we will correct it and notify them) I have seen references to modules ("County Sales Tax order total module" and one other that references the New York state) but I am a newbie - not a programmer by any stretch and don't want to blow up the cart attempting to add a module that I am not sure works. I have the latest patched release installed and am feverishly reading everything I can to gain knowledge. This tax issue is why I am looking at Zen :-) so I am enjoying being under the gun...and deadline.

Any kind suggestions on the proper direction would be appreiciated!!

ckuhl

Plugin Contributions

Re: Config Taxes - County taxes

Ok - someone out there must have the same scenario - state tax to allpy then also a county (or city) tax that must be applied to specific ship to addresses. If anyone has done this and can provide a few pointers it would be greatly appreiciated.... I am close to setting this up after I finish the products setup and don't want to spend days reinventing the wheel if there is a simple solution....

There was a reference to a NY city tax that I found through the search but that was for a older version of the cart so I assume non-compatibility....

Thanks is advance on any tips...

ck