Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Default Re: News & Article Management

Having upgraded from 1.38a to 1.39g on Friday I discovered that the news and article mod was not working correctly. Specifically the html editor was displaying text as raw HTML code.

There is a thread about this general issue here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165081

Although this is not specific to solving the problem in news and article manager I resolved the problem by adding the two relevant inputs for the news and article mod. Here is my code for this new file which solves the HTML problem for define pages as recommended by Dr Byte and my fix for the news and article mod:

Just to let anyone know who is also struggling with source HTML in the news and article manager i added to the suggested file in this thread two inputs from this mod so my file reads as follows:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $global_xss_whitelist 
    = isset($global_xss_whitelist) ? $global_xss_whitelist : array();
    $my_whitelist  = array('file_contents''banners_html_text''pages_title''message_html','news_article_text','news_article_shorttext','comments_text');
    $global_xss_whitelist array_merge($my_whitelist$global_xss_whitelist);
    Last edited by DVDTitan; 4 Oct 2010 at 08:58 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys,

I've just installed everything, and I've got the news page to display okay. But for some reason I can't get the News Summary box to display on my front page, which is the main reason I wanted it! I've added the bit of code to the tpl_index_default.php file, but the module won't even appear in the list of layout boxes. I've checked the install, and everything seems fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

(here's the url (remove spaces) - n o t o r i o u s d e s i g n . c o . u k/ d r . u m

Plugin Contributions

no one?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FCKeditor problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by a_berezin View Post
    Hi BlessIsaacola,
    Thank you so much!!
    Confucious says:
    he who stands on commode, is high on pot&#33;

Plugin Contributions

Hello just a quick one, News and Articles manager has suddenly stopped working, when trying to create a new article is just goes to a blank page and the error in /cache/ shows...

[29-Oct-2010 11:44:50] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24836696 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Doesnt matter how much I change the memory too it still comes up with he same problem, does the same thing when I try all 3 HTML editors in the my store configuration.

the PHP Version is 5.2.13 if anyone has had something similar.

Any thoughts would be fantastic

Thank you
    Sam

Plugin Contributions

My impression is that you inadvertently tried to load a file greater than the 2MB default maximum upload size set in the PHP config file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by libragear View Post
    I got it to work on the Main page. :) YAY! Just so that anyone reading this wont run into the same thing:

The install directions tell you to put this line of code:

PHP Code:
    <?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_NEWS_SUMMARY_MODULE)); ?>
    somewhere in this file:

The file you need to put it in is actually tpl_index_categories.php. :) I am still playing around with placement but everything works great for now. :)

http://www.libragear.com/zencart/

Have a wonderful and codey day!

Kate
    Where in the file did you place the code? I can not get to show on my main page either. Please place line number and/or code before and after. I am not php expert and find I place codes where they are not suppose to go.

Thanks, Kim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kburner View Post
    Where in the file did you place the code? I can not get to show on my main page either. Please place line number and/or code before and after. I am not php expert and find I place codes where they are not suppose to go.

Thanks, Kim
    Went back and reloaded all files again. When I do test article, I can see on main page and looks like sidebox will work. I just have a ton of css to build/repair and match site.

But, I am still stuck on the admin area with loading a new article. Admin/catalog/News & Articles - Articles.

When I click on add article button, takes me to next screen - BUT will not let me add summary or article details to it. I can add Headline, date and sort order. Area below summary will not let me input anything. Just a blank area. Am I missing part of sql or file? Not sure what is happening.

BTW, this is a wonderful mod! I can really put this to use on my site when it gets working. Thank you.
    Kim

Plugin Contributions

Went back and reloaded all files again. When I do test article, I can see on main page and looks like sidebox will work. I just have a ton of css to build/repair and match site.

But, I am still stuck on the admin area with loading a new article. Admin/catalog/News & Articles - Articles.

When I click on add article button, takes me to next screen - BUT will not let me add summary or article details to it. I can add Headline, date and sort order. Area below summary will not let me input anything. Just a blank area. Am I missing part of sql or file? Not sure what is happening.

BTW, this is a wonderful mod! I can really put this to use on my site when it gets working. Thank you.
    Kim
    Anyone? I can not add article summary details. The admin area is blank with no input area.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone? I can not add article summary details. The admin area is blank with no input area.
    I went back and re-load files again for the third time.Would the error (in the admin/catalog/News & Articles - articles that will not let me input the actual body or summary) be from an sql file or admin file?

I really need help with this one and I am not an expert.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast