Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: News & Article Management [Support]

Hi all, having installed the mod, went onto install the sideboxes but keep getting this error on installing the sql.

2 statements processed.
    Error ERROR: Cannot execute because table configuration, does not exist. CHECK PREFIXES!
    Warning Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

Have look through this thread and others but it does not seem to be specifically answered.

The News & Articles and the sideboxes have installed but the instruction in the doc files where it says:

4.Setup News Sidebox Scroller configuration at Admin → Configuration → News & Articles Management (notice new entries that begin with "News Sidebox Scroller")
    There isn't any new entries for the sideboxes. Any ideas, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi - Just wondering if anyone has this working with version 1.5.1 ?

Plugin Contributions

Hello to everyone,

I'm posting a solution to those using ZenCart 1.5.x and getting errors during sql installation. I'm also posting a solution to those who don't see this module in admin area.

Run the attached modified sql file. I assigned the configuration group id 65, so check first if any other module isn't using the same id (otherwise you'll get an error). You can check it in your database or simply try to access link when logged in admin yoursite.com/YourAdmin/configuration.php?gID=65 and if you don't see any options, you can run the sql. If you see options for some module, simply replace every "65" in the attached sql file with the number that isn't using any module.

Now replace
    Code:
    define('BOX_CATALOG_NEWS_ARTICLES', 'News & Articles - Articles');
    define('BOX_CATALOG_NEWS_AUTHORS', 'News & Articles - Authors');
    in admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news.php
    with

Code:
    define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_NEWS_ARTICLES_MANAGEMENT', 'News & Articles Management');
    define('BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_ARTICLES', 'News & Articles - Articles');
    define('BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_AUTHORS', 'News & Articles - Authors');
    Now you should be able to install and also see the configuration under Admin-Configuration-New & Articles Management. You can add articles and authors under Admin-Tools-News & Articles Management and Admin-Tools-News & Articles Authors

For those who got it installed with original sql but don't see it in admin, make the code replacement above and then find out what configuration group ID is using the module. Check it in database or simply go to Admin-Configuration-New & Articles Management and have a look at the link in your browser. It should look like this yoursite.com/YourAdmin/configuration.php?gID=XX where XX is the configuration group id. Now put this number instead of XX in gID=XX to the following sql query:

Code:
    # Register the page for Admin Access Control
    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order)
    VALUES ('configNewsArticlesManagement','BOX_CONFIGURATION_NEWS_ARTICLES_MANAGEMENT','FILENAME_CONFIGURATION','gID=XX','configuration','Y',65);

INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order)
    VALUES ('toolsNewsArticles','BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_ARTICLES','FILENAME_NEWS','gID=XX','tools','Y',66);

VALUES ('toolsNewsAuthors','BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_AUTHORS','FILENAME_NEWS_AUTHORS','gID=XX','tools','Y',67);
    Now run this query in Admin-Tools-Install SQL Patches.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dee_d_lady View Post
    Hello to everyone,

I'm posting a solution to those using ZenCart 1.5.x and getting errors during sql installation. I'm also posting a solution to those who don't see this module in admin area.

Run the attached modified sql file. I assigned the configuration group id 65, so check first if any other module isn't using the same id (otherwise you'll get an error). You can check it in your database or simply try to access link when logged in admin yoursite.com/YourAdmin/configuration.php?gID=65 and if you don't see any options, you can run the sql. If you see options for some module, simply replace every "65" in the attached sql file with the number that isn't using any module.

Now replace
    Code:
    define('BOX_CATALOG_NEWS_ARTICLES', 'News & Articles - Articles');
    define('BOX_CATALOG_NEWS_AUTHORS', 'News & Articles - Authors');
    in admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/news.php
    with

Code:
    define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_NEWS_ARTICLES_MANAGEMENT', 'News & Articles Management');
    define('BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_ARTICLES', 'News & Articles - Articles');
    define('BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_AUTHORS', 'News & Articles - Authors');
    Now you should be able to install and also see the configuration under Admin-Configuration-New & Articles Management. You can add articles and authors under Admin-Tools-News & Articles Management and Admin-Tools-News & Articles Authors

For those who got it installed with original sql but don't see it in admin, make the code replacement above and then find out what configuration group ID is using the module. Check it in database or simply go to Admin-Configuration-New & Articles Management and have a look at the link in your browser. It should look like this yoursite.com/YourAdmin/configuration.php?gID=XX where XX is the configuration group id. Now put this number instead of XX in gID=XX to the following sql query:

Code:
    VALUES ('configNewsArticlesManagement','BOX_CONFIGURATION_NEWS_ARTICLES_MANAGEMENT','FILENAME_CONFIGURATION','gID=XX','configuration','Y',65);

VALUES ('toolsNewsArticles','BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_ARTICLES','FILENAME_NEWS','gID=XX','tools','Y',66);

VALUES ('toolsNewsAuthors','BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_AUTHORS','FILENAME_NEWS_AUTHORS','gID=XX','tools','Y',67);
    Now run this query in Admin-Tools-Install SQL Patches.

Woops, a little bug in the sql file. Use the attached sql file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I think I'm getting close. I followed the instruction in post #434 and ran the sql below with the correct gID number:

INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order )
    VALUES ('configNewsArticlesManagement','BOX_CONFIGURATION_NEWS_ARTICLES_MANAGEMENT','FI LENAME_CONFIGURATION','gID=1021','configuration','Y',65);

INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order )
    VALUES ('toolsNewsArticles','BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_ARTICLES','FILENAME_NEWS','gID=1021','tools ','Y',66);

VALUES ('toolsNewsAuthors','BOX_TOOLS_NEWS_AUTHORS','FILENAME_NEWS_AUTHORS','gID=1021', 'tools','Y',67);

But, now when I hoover the mouse over Admin > Configuration > News & Articles Management it shows the gID=1021. And, when I open it show Title Value and Action and everything else is blank.
    When, I hoover over Tools > News & Articles - Articles, or Authors it shows the gId=XX

If I click on either of them I get "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." and part of the page displayed.

Oh, I get that same error message when I run the Modified SQL file.

What have I missed?

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Long shot as I know support for this plugin is close to dead.

My website (http://www.rentgen.co.uk) is currently using this plugin along with Ceon URI Mapping. I'm pretty happy with it except for one thing - I'd really like to know how/if it's possible to convert the News URLs to the ones used by the rest of the site via CEON URI Mapping. And additionally - add news pages to the main sitemap (both user and xml)

I attempted to implement Wordpress in Zencart previously but it didn't seem to recognise any implementation - furthermore CEON URI seemed to make the dir for Wordpress a bit dodgy in it's own right.

I'm also wondering if there're any other news/article/blog plugins that are SEO compliant or allow URI mapping?

Plugin Contributions

Just read somewhere that you can manually insert data into the database so that has helped for the time being.
    As for the sitemap, additionally any method of being able to use the RSS as an individual XML file, as well as adding news pages to the user sitemap (organised in date?) would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys, ok - so I know no one supports this module pretty much. Which sucks, because I can't seem to find any method to display blog/news posts aside from this and a Wordpress hack. Anyway, it's working fine except for one thing - now it won't display the summary module on the front page. I've not even made any changes to the site and it's just... gone.

Plugin Contributions

Hi when I installed the plugin and go to view my blog posts there seems to be an error with the css scripit http://www.smlhygiene.co.uk/index.ph...e&article_id=1 I am running zen care 1.39H

Hello,i used 1.5.4 with image handler 5.0 and zen lightbox,installed the rss 2.1.5/6 or 2.4.2,but when i set Generate Products Images "true",then it display error:
    [23-Mar-2018 02:33:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function notify() on null in /home/getappreal/public_html/includes/modules/abagon/main_product_image.php:19
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/getappreal/public_html/includes/modules/pages/rss_feed/header_php.php(428): require()
    #1 /home/getappreal/public_html/includes/modules/pages/rss_feed/header_php.php(369): zen_rss_products('SELECT DISTINCT...', false)
    #2 /home/getappreal/public_html/index.php(36): require('/home/getapprea...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /home/getappreal/public_html/includes/modules/abagon/main_product_image.php on line 19

and when set "fales"
    it work fine.
    Why

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast