Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multi-Vendor Support

I'd like to work on this. I have a dropshipper in MI and one in WA. It would make my life much easier.

Currently I have to use tables, and everything from my zip.

I'll email Craig and get the code.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Multi-Vendor Support

My first post here. I too would love to see something like this incorporated. I am looking at either ZC or OSC. While new to both of these, we have been online for more than 10 years (using X-Cart). During this time we have had to modify the core code of this cart so much that it has become impossible (for several years now) for us to implement any new upgrades when they are released.

Multi-vendo/location shipping is something that we had to code ourselves into this cart since it was not included in the core and no add-on module was available. It has since become vital to our daily operations and we depend heavily on it, as I suspect any other merchant that does a good deal of drop-shipping would also be likely to do.

To have something like this included in ZC would really sway me towards this cart.

If there are others out there that could also use this functionality maybe we could get together and donate to see that this happens??

Plugin Contributions

Count me in as well. I have an upcoming store that will NEED to have this type of functionality, and I'm not exactly keen to the prospect of using osCommerce for it. I have a couple of other Zen Cart contributions that I am working on at the moment, but as this is something that I need to figure out how to implement one way or the other, I may as well contribute to working on it for ZC in tandem with anyone else who may be or want to work on it. Perhaps a more organized team for implementing this would be in order? If anyone is drop-dead serious on making this a reality, I say we get to work on it. Any takers?

Plugin Contributions

Hi all, I went ahead and got started on this. It is about 20% finished as of now, and I will be continuing fast and furious development on it. I started from scratch, so if anyone has any feature input, please post it up here so that I can take it into consideration. I'm hoping to have a working version ready by the end of the week.

Plugin Contributions

Default Multi-Vendor Support

hi Sparrish,

wow, i'm hardly to wait...count on me if you need a beta tester!!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I'm at least half way there now. Right now, I'm finishing up the functions to split up the cart by vendor, then calculate the shipping. I may potentially have to make new versions of the shipping modules as things like the zip code, etc., are global. I'm definitely not planning on hacking the core shipping modules, so that looks like the best solution. We should still be on, or even ahead, of schedule, so it will hopefully be ready for testing by the weekend.

Plugin Contributions

That sounds fantastic!

If there's anything I can do to help in any way at all just let me know.
    (something clever goes here)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for your interest! I've been making major progress on this, and am still on schedule to have it ready by the weekend. I'll keep everybody posted, as I will be needing some beta testers for it as soon as it's ready.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sparrish View Post
    Thank you very much for your interest! I've been making major progress on this, and am still on schedule to have it ready by the weekend. I'll keep everybody posted, as I will be needing some beta testers for it as soon as it's ready.
    hi Sparrish,

I'm really waiting your great effort.. Keep posted when it completed.. Hope to see it very soon...Thanks..

Plugin Contributions

Just about ready to test out! Right now, I'm working on reconfigured shipping modules (all of the regular ones use the standard Zen Cart configurations, so I have to rework them), but as soon as that is ready, it should be fully functional. Hopefully sometime today.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast