Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Zencart slow on Dreamhost?

When lookinhg for a new host you want to look for the following in order

1. Features you require
    2. Speed
    3. Customer Service response time and helpfullness in resolving issues
    4. Features you dont need but would like (eg. Lots of space)

Good luck in webhost searching :)

Plugin Contributions

I have always loved the 50 GB and 1 TB of bandwidth for 3.99 a month

its All marketing, everyone thinks that they have to have the bigest

If a server has 1.3 TB monthly bandwidth and they sell this 3.99 package 400 times

Yes thats about the average number of accounts on a typical cheap host per server.

well its simple do the math
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

/me peeks at our Zen Cart Certified Hosting sites at the top of the screen ...

Yeps ... bet they got to be Certified for a reason ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I've got my site up and ready to launch on dreamhost, but yet, it IS slow. Even with all suggested optimizations from the FAQ in place. Much slower than my unpotimized oscommerce installation was. Why would zc be so much slower than osc? I thought they used essentially the same engine.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart does a zillion and one things more than osC ... the two could not possibly be compared as they are like comparing apples and oranges ...

However, on a decent server, Zen Cart can do all of those things without an appreciable slow down ...

The v1.3.x series is designed to speed up Zen Cart even more in regard to all of these features while still providing even more ...

It all depends on your site ...

Unless you are getting into 50-80 attributes per product or 2000 Categories or 50,000 products ... you usually should not see a major speed issue on low end servers ...

When you get into these higher numbers ... then you should be looking for servers that are optimized for MySQL and php ... and for hosting sites that understand the needs of e-commerce sites ...

If you are going to run a business ... don't rent a storage unit ... get a decent office ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Didn't mean to impugn zencart in any way, just thought it was supposed to be very similar to oscommerce "under the hood". Guess there's more to it than that.

Major kudos to the zencart team are in order. In just a few days I have managed to set up a zencart store that is orders of magnitude better than the old oscommerce system that I was patching and struggling with for almost a year. This DESPITE getting started right when the whole support forum went down. There'll be a nice contribution to the dev team coffee fund when the site goes operational, and more to come as business grows.

Plugin Contributions

check out ***edited*** best customer support i ever had. If you don't understand something they will do it for you! Speeds are crazy good.

***please do not advertise your hosting***
    Last edited by Kim; 21 May 2006 at 12:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

This , I think would be the best place to look for services that are guaranteed to work

Plugin Contributions

Good news, my client has registered with a new host :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ts232
    Didn't mean to impugn zencart in any way, just thought it was supposed to be very similar to oscommerce "under the hood". Guess there's more to it than that.

Major kudos to the zencart team are in order. In just a few days I have managed to set up a zencart store that is orders of magnitude better than the old oscommerce system that I was patching and struggling with for almost a year. This DESPITE getting started right when the whole support forum went down. There'll be a nice contribution to the dev team coffee fund when the site goes operational, and more to come as business grows.
    Good job ts232 ... looking forward to seeing your shop when it is ready to show off ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast