Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Zencart slow on Dreamhost?

Ahh, so this is why my site is sooooo ssssslllooooowwwww.

Damn, dreamhost used to be pretty good. I really hate the idea of switching.. Heck I think I still have 2 years on our contract. I'll yell at them a bit and see if I can get anything more then a sore throat.

-Wayne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rotozuk
    Ahh, so this is why my site is sooooo ssssslllooooowwwww.

Damn, dreamhost used to be pretty good. I really hate the idea of switching.. Heck I think I still have 2 years on our contract. I'll yell at them a bit and see if I can get anything more then a sore throat.

-Wayne
    well, get out your lozenges - i wasted my time with them. i've switched and never looked back. freaking bunch of clowns, imo. they offer nothing but excuses.

~MMN Maniac

Plugin Contributions

my site is slower than a seven year itch. is it really dreamhost?

i have the same problem that everyone else here has and today dreamhost told me that it is the way zen cart handles the queries.

i had faith in dream host. i have been with them for five years.

it seems to me if it is zen cart, why is my site way slower than any other zen cart site on the planet? if it really is zen cart, wouldn't all of the sites be slow?

they also told me to hire a dba. what is the point of the one-click install if i now need a priceless dba? anyone?

does anyone have any advice for moving to a new host? will i have to reconfigure my ssl and linkpoint?

does anyone have any advice on pinpointing the problem with the slowness?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    my site is slower than a seven year itch. is it really dreamhost?

i have the same problem that everyone else here has and today dreamhost told me that it is the way zen cart handles the queries.

i had faith in dream host. i have been with them for five years.

it seems to me if it is zen cart, why is my site way slower than any other zen cart site on the planet? if it really is zen cart, wouldn't all of the sites be slow?

they also told me to hire a dba. what is the point of the one-click install if i now need a priceless dba? anyone?

does anyone have any advice for moving to a new host? will i have to reconfigure my ssl and linkpoint?

does anyone have any advice on pinpointing the problem with the slowness?
    yes, it really is dreamhost. i posted another thread about this, and there are countless threads about DH going down the tube. a simple search on google will reveal all.

DH is good if you're an amateur web designer doing personal sites. I've had with 5 web hosts in my years - and honestly, you get what you pay for.

~MMN Maniac

Plugin Contributions

oh yeah, here's a small amount of proof:

http://www.dreamhost-sucks.com/

I think this quote sums up the problem we Zenners have with Dreamhost:

Customers are unable to host forums or blogs due to CPU utilization limitations
    A frequent complaint from customers is that they're unable to host their blogs or forums with DreamHost because of CPU utilization limitations. This is especially true with WordPress blog software and phpBB forum software.

Funny thing is they recently removed the CPU usage limit, but they just make sure it is good and slow. We just use too much CPU to fit their business plan, so us leaving is fine.

-Wayne

Plugin Contributions

I am pulling my account today.

DH has had running issues with both email blocking and email service since April. Actually the situation goes so far as to have customer service challenge me as to if I was lying about my outgoing emails. My situation was that my outgoing mail was not landing with any of my recipients, nor was I receiving a bounce. This was occurring intermittently since April. As of yesterday they acknowledged the there was a policy level server error.

Additionally I am having HUGE e-commerce problems as everything runs tremendously slow in that area.

I would have to say that the biggest issue is the AOL and Spamcop blocking on an almost daily basis. Those 2 items kill 60% of my outgoing BUSINESS emails.

I have tried reaching Josh Jones, CEO to discuss the matter but they have him fairly well firewalled off from the public. I am thinking CERTIFIED, RESTRICTED DELIVERY. I want him to know why I and my clients left.

Strictly Business plan = strictly a pain in the neck.....

We have not had any trouble with the email on our account. We do have customers on AOL. But I have seen them post information about the problems.

I'm pretty sure we will be jumping sites soon also. Don't really look forward to it. Guess we will see how good my skills are with the database, etc. Yikes!

-Wayne

Plugin Contributions

i had major problems with my email recently, including email being down for about 30 hours.

that's it. i'm moving.

i have to decided to go with one of the four hosts zen cart recommends, but can't decide which one -

will somone please pm any thoughts on the 4 certified hosting companies for zen cart?

thank you,
    darrian

Then you can forward the PMs to me.. :)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast