Default Re: Product Type Book (by moku)

Hi
    Depends which version zip you need 1.3.8 or 1.3.7

See left hand 'zencart matters' menu, at
    http://www.jphuk.co.uk/zc/index.php as in my signature below

If the download doesn't work (but it should) try a different browser

Plugin Contributions

how can I enable display or activation of url for authors, when I click on author in a product page, it does do the filter action than going to th eauthor url.
    the same question for displaying the text of description of format, conditions, etc.

Plugin Contributions

not sure quite what you mean in your post reza,
    maybe p.m me with a page url as info, and description of the situation

there are a lot of display settings in the admin for book, in the 'product type' edit page

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone out there help me make adjustments to the default product type please on a standard install of V1.3.8 for a bookshop?

What I'm hoping for is to eliminate the need to add a new product type by just rejigging the default one to suit my needs. I figure that if I can change music genre to subject and recording artist to author then I will have the main changes I need. I have worked out how to change the wording in the language file so that music genre appears as subject but I can't work out what language file I need to change so that recording artist appears on the product page as author.

Also I want to show format (std, trade etc) and new or used description of books on the main product page. How can I easily achieve this? By adding these fields to the database or by working through attributes?

Can't make sense of the bookshop mod. Downloaded it but couldn't work out what I needed to upload. I am sure it is excellent but to some one like me it is totally confusing.

Thanks. I'm a newbie by the way

Plugin Contributions

Hi bookwise, maybe you need to get more zencartwise before attempting mods
    i.e like what we have to do, work out slowly, where the files are that do various things

the book product isn't too bad, you may get through a few zencart test sites first if you're new to installing add-ons
    Adding fields for new/used and so on is a programming chore, thats why book type exists!

In the book zip pack is a folder 1_BOOK_MAIN_FILES
    Within that is folder 'catalogue', thats the one to upload the *contents* of, into the zencart main folder.

You also need to alter the database tables by using from folder RUN_THIS_FULL_INSTALL_SQL_PATCH_FOR_DATABASE
    file ADMIN_PATCH_SQL_EXTENDED_BOOK_TYPE_V4.txt inside zencart in the admin 'sql patch' page

BUT i suggest first, you get the 'database backup' add on from the add ons list, make sure you have
    a database backup BEFORE you apply the book sql patch. Just in case summat goes wrong..

All this is told in the readme file README_main_book_install.txt in folder 1_BOOK_MAIN_FILES.... thats where the info is..

Plugin Contributions

wel, when you see a product in product info display page, when you click on authors, it goes to show all bookd from this author (so, filter function), while in admin we can put a url (inetrnal, or external url) or this author, I don't find any place on the front page of site where I can find the url link to authors' url.

I hope this is now clear, the best example, see our demo site and click on the authors of a book.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Type Book: Ajax box to improve filter or search function

is thre any way to make or have more defined search functions: example:
    http://roshanbh.com.np/2008/01/popul...x-and-php.html

in actual situation, when I click on authors filter, it gives me a long list of authors, so actually the customer remains within so much data even if for us we did a filter of many data.

summarized: we know that one author can have some subjects, and each subject can have some types, , then using the link above , I suppose we should have the possibility to define more specific search options for book products withou loading many times by filtering this options (authors, subjects, types, ) individually.

another intressant link here wich should be better for us due to use dirctly from mysql:
    http://php-ajax-code.##########################/20...es-cities.html

(advantage: used mysal, so very good for us to use bok tables)

---------------
    http://www.opencrypt.com/blog.php?a=22
    also good, still in progress, but it used also mysql, )

--------------------------
    Last edited by reza; 6 Sep 2008 at 12:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

oops: also this one which is more flexible and more robotic

http://www.opencrypt.com/blog.php?a=23

Plugin Contributions

I added this line to tpl_advanced_search_default.php
    after manufacturer field:

<fieldset class="floatingBox forward">
    <legend><?php echo ENTRY_MANUFACTURERS; ?></legend>
    <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', zen_get_manufacturers(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS))), $sData['manufacturers_id']); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>

//this is what I added after above lines bof: adding extra filed to search function: authors list
    <fieldset class="floatingBox forward">
    <legend><?php echo ENTRY_MANUFACTURERS; ?></legend>
    <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('book_authors_id', zen_get_book_authors(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => MAX_BOOK_AUTHORS_LIST))), $sData['book_authors_id']); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>
    //eof

but the filed of authors doesn't been displayed.
    Is this not a good way to get more search definitions for advanced search for book products?
    for echo entry manufacturers, I didn't know where I should put definition to come from it to here. anayway, the important is that we get authors, and other options of a book in the search functiionality to decrease the number of results and more customer friendly result page.
    a result page with more than 50 articles is never intressant for a customer.

Plugin Contributions

Hi reza
    Well I expect you'll find a way of altering the search function, under certain conditions there is a dropdown for products lists , an 'A B C D ' filter, it sounds like you need that sort of thing somewhere for authors..

I'm not able really to make specific suggestions, it'd take a long time for me to sort it out ..maybe on zencart 1.4 when we all have to totally rewrite our add-ons coding :)

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast