Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Type Book (by moku)

thanks hareslade
    and what about the authors url link,
    remember this question above:
    "wel, when you see a product in product info display page, when you click on authors, it goes to show all books from this author (so, filter function), while in admin we can put a url (inetrnal, or external url) for this author, I don't find any place on the front page of site where I can find the url link to authors' url."

Plugin Contributions

oops, I AM SO SORRY. I found it now, actually the url and image of authors are displayed in apart sidebox
    I think just the readme and how to use of book product should be enhanced, especially for some peoples like me will be very necessry, also i don't know for what can I use misc , misc-bool, and misc_int_5_1 on product Info,

Plugin Contributions

Thats ok reza
    For those wondering what we're on about, see my demo page
    http://www.jphuk.co.uk/zc138a_t1/ind...&products_id=5

When an author has data, and when a book is displayed, there's an optional sidebox showing the author(s)... the author's site url is not separate, its a hyperlink attached to the authors name and nickname in the sidebox..

You're quite welcome to write up a user manual reza..

Regarding the 'spare' fields... thats what they are...spare.. if the textual 'defines' labels for those fields are changed to your choice e.g 'paper quality' then you can put in your own book data entries.. in other words, you choose what you use them for.

Some fields are set up as preset dropdowns, so you can run a preselected set of options in admin to choose from. Other spare fields are just text-input fields. These fields were added in when I did the coding, because to add just one field from scratch is a lot of work, (in various php files) but doing say 10 extra is just adding extra process to the job already being done.

Many of these extra fields can be made 'private' so they only show on the admin pages for books. This was vaguely an attempt to make a flexible product type so that a user can tailor the data to their own needs. A programmer can also change the book type to their own choice, you don't have to always use it for books.

See down the page at
    http://www.jphuk.co.uk/zc/index.php?...roducts_id=490 it tells you about the fields

The 'defines' for the text displayed 'label' on the book product for a field, (and for the field label in admin) are kept in specific php files. You need to go through the uploaded book files to find them.

There are in fact a few word docs and other 'readme' type files if you go through the zip file folders. But what there isn't, is a global 'users doc', mainly because its a job making one. And then they'll change zencart version so it all has to be re-written..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Type Book (

I installed the latest book type and need to retrofit it to chemicals, not books. Am trying to use all the misc fields.
    Questions:
    can I change the mysql datatypes on the misc integer fields to be text fields? Will this mess up anything else?

In product types I checked misc int5_3 to display - it does in the admin and writes to the file, but not in the product listing, where I also need it to be so customers can see it. I will need all the fields to display (I might even need to add some, which is another issue I'd love advice on), but don't know why this field isn't displaying.

thank you very much for any help

Plugin Contributions

Figured out the above problem of misc int 5_3 not displaying in case anyone else has this issue:
    in approximately line 628 in tpl_prod_book_info_display.php the if statement tests for 0 when it should test for '' (empty string)

(since I changed the field type of misc int 5_3 from int to text)
    here is the line:
    echo (($flag_show_product_book_info_misc_int_5_3 == 1 and $products_book_misc_int_5_3 != '') ?

So since the test failed, even tho there was text data in the field, it wasn't displaying.

Possibly changing field types is not the best way to do this but I'm trying to create a new product type using all the fields.
    J

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know where the download is for this product? The page that the current download link goes to is dead and has been every time I check. And, by the way, I've checked with multiple browsers on both Win and Mac platforms.

Plugin Contributions

I very gently advise all newcomers the book download for 1.3.8 is at
    http://www.jphuk.co.uk/zc/index.php?...roducts_id=490
    I put the general site link in my signature, see below

Although I've done a lot of work on book and currently look after the zip, I'm chicken about putting it as a zencart add on, you'll have to badger me, or tell me just how I get it there..

Plugin Contributions

If we are using the search box provided by Zen cart, should we be able to search by an author name? I can not see to be able to do that.

Plugin Contributions

so i checked on your site and it does seem like you can search by author name. I have the latest ZC installed. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

tekram
    so many reasons might stop it

check the product type settings for search
    i think it may only find authors with books active i.e enabled, on the site
    there used to be an issue with manufacturer, try adding manufacturer i.e publisher to the books

oh, maybe you need to use the authors search sidebox, enable it in the sideboxes list?

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast