Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal orders not being relayed to cart or emailed to owner or buyer

Also make sure to have followed the /docs folder's content correctly. It is possible you might of missed a step in the mean time.

As an alternative step, you can always read the FAQs on top of this site.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal orders not being relayed to cart or emailed to owner or buyer

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    make sure that your email address used in zen cart matches the primary email address used in paypal.com and that they are case equal
    red Red and RED are all different in paypals eyes for purpose of IPN.

If this dosnt work try uninstalling and reinstalling paypal through your browser in admin-> modules-> payment

try replacing the ipn file located in your stores root file
    Megagumby, you need to try each of the things posted above by merlinpa, and in that order, and TEST after each ... that is

email address must be accurate
    UNINSTALL and then RE-INSTALL the paypal module from inside admin of your shop, this is very important as you have just upgraded to 1.3.x
    last resort replace the ipn_main_handler file (search the install directory for it if you can't find it) from the original zip/archive.

I noticed something different with your method/problem too, you said your problem is the same as mine, well not quite. I never had a problem returning to the store, you appear to, this sounds like some return URL issue with paypal. This could be the problem, where does the paypal module in the cart tell you to set the IPN URL to?

Does the IPN URL above exactly correlate to the IPN URL you have set in PayPal?

Plugin Contributions

I continue to have this problem and I have no idea how to fix it. I have tried everything suggested in this thread. I have not upgraded.

Also, when I go to the "Customers" drop down and go to "PayPal IPN" I see the following error:

1146 Table 'gbtree-zen.zen_paypal_payment_status_history' doesn't exist

I would appreciate any help that I can get. I feel the frustration of the other users. Not being able to see what the customer has purchased is almost laughable, unless you want to fill the order!!!

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Paypal orders not being relayed to cart or emailed to owner or buyer

OK totally stumped...

Ive reinstalled the paypal payment modules (TWICE)

I have changed that metatag.php file to metatag.php.bak (no difference)

I have gone into my paypal profile and done this -

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://www.kirkyskreations.com/cart/...in_handler.php

Website payment preferences - return URL: http://www.kirkyskreations.com/cart/...eckout_process

I have also contacted paypal..

Here's what they have to say ( funny they sent me back to this exact forum topic)
    -------------------
    "Hi Kirsten,

I apologize for any inconvenience. I went to your site and put in a test order. The third party shopping cart that you are using is not passing over what the customer ordered with the payment information, typically called an 'aggregate' order. For instance, the only thing we see about the order is:

Payment For: Kirky's Kreations
    Amount: $10.00 USD

Typically with this kind of setup, you should be able to contact your cart support to see if you can get more information and perhaps change the order to an 'itemized' format so that they pass the items the customer ordered over to PayPal. However, if I remember correctly, Zen Cart is an Open Source cart, so there really isn't any support to contact.

I did a search on the Zen Cart forums and found this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ghlight=paypal

It seems that you can edit your current module to get it to pass over the order information, so you may want to read that thread to see if the fix works for you. If it doesn't, I would suggest searching for (or creating) a module that will pass over the individual item information to our server instead of the aggregate information. "

I was using my zencart fine for over a year, and this happened out of no where..
    ----------------

My cart has been not working for weeks now. Someone made an order yesterday in the time I was trying to fix the problem.. and I didnt even recieve the paypal verification this time... but everytime I test it I do recieve that.. The problem with my situation is because my products are downloadable zip files which they should be able to do straight after oder is made.. so im having to ask customers what they ordered and give them a coupon to make another order and download for free..

Sending out an SOS!

Kirsten Smit
    http://www.kirkyskreations.com/cart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls

I noticed something different with your method/problem too, you said your problem is the same as mine, well not quite. I never had a problem returning to the store, you appear to, this sounds like some return URL issue with paypal. This could be the problem, where does the paypal module in the cart tell you to set the IPN URL to?

As for returning to the store it does return to the right place except the order it shows to download is dated in april, it's an old order.

The last known paid order that worked on my site was dated 25th April, since then the orders have stuffed up. My cart was working fine for over a year. And I made no changes to my cart during that time of april/may. Did paypal make changes during this time? I have just upgraded last couple of weeks.

Plugin Contributions

Your shop doesn't look like or appear to be ZenCart? It appears to be X-Cart or am I missing something ?

Regardless, I wish I could help you with your problem, but I don't have anything else to offer, sorry.

Plugin Contributions

Pauls-

Are you still having a problem? You know that payment modules will not work while a site is down for maintenance?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

megagumby,

Your link to
    http://www.kirkyskreations.com/cart/...in_handler.php

took me to:
    http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manu...in_handler.php

So, either you have some odd redirects running, or your SEFU contribution is causing you troubles.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by megagumby
    It seems that you can edit your current module to get it to pass over the order information, so you may want to read that thread to see if the fix works for you. If it doesn't, I would suggest searching for (or creating) a module that will pass over the individual item information to our server instead of the aggregate information. "

make the following changes in the paypal.php file:

includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

find the following line:

$telephone = preg_replace('/\D/', '', $order->customer['telephone']);

add the following code immediately following the above line:

$xx = '';
    for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {
    $xx .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . '-' . ($order->products[$i]['name']) . '**';
    }

now change the following line:

zen_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .

to this:

zen_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME . ' ' . $xx) .

this will allow the cart contents (except for any attributes - I never figured out how to pass attributes) to be passed to PayPal so you will see a list of items ordered in yuor PayPal admin account activity listing

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.27

Before I try some of these suggestions, I would like to relay my own observations for whatever there worth, as I have not read the same somewhere else.
    I been building my store for some time and have not gone live yet.
    Last fall I set up Paypal IPN, did tests, and with kind help from this forum, got it working perfectly, email notifications and all. I have not changed the sight much since, other than things like Imagehandler, or usps shipping, and the upgrades from 1.26. Now I am testing everything again, want to go live soon.

I am noticeing when I use Zen cart with Explorer that paypal gives a choice of CC or sign on to Paypal. (I may have not tried this last year, as I prefer Firefox) I tried the CC side to see what happens, Paypal goes though the transaction, gives me the option "Return To Merchant", and test show it will return to Zen Checkout success page. but the admin does not get order. cart is still full, emails are only from paypal.

Firefox on a PC or a Mac will go to Paypal, "But there is no CC or Paypal choice". You get Paypal and sign in, go thru normal transaction and it auto returns to Zen like it should, cart is empty. But, then I "still do not get admin order", and only email from paypal.

Check or money order works fine.

I am still testing, but I wondered if Explorer always did offer a CC choice that other browsers did not, or ??. I am just trying to catch up.

Being I don't think I changed anything, (my /ipn_main_handler.php is chmod 644, the Primary email is exact) is it possible that Paypal IPN has made a change recently on their end?
    Forgive me if this has been gone over somewhere, but I don't see it for the pixels.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast