Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal orders not being relayed to cart or emailed to owner or buyer

For giggles ... jot down each setting before doing the remove and install ...

Go to Modules ... Payment ...

Remove, Install, Configure each Payment Module you have installed ...

WARNING: write down existing settings first ...

CAUTION: if you are not using it ... remove it and do not reinstall it ...

Go to Modules ... Shipping ...

Remove, Install, Configure each Shipping Module you have installed ...

Go to Modules ... Order Totals ...

Remove, Install, Configure each Order Total Module you have installed ...

Note: check the PayPal recommended settings for the PayPal site ... and confirm that you have them set correctly ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal orders not being relayed to cart or emailed to owner or buyer

Wow Ajeh, that was fast, was that reply to me?

Your suggestions sound like my next step. I will let you know the outcome.

Wade

Plugin Contributions

Yes Wade ... that one's for you ... let us know the results ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well, I started by removing all module not used, even though they were set to false. Tried after that first, no luck.

Then it just hit me, and what is so frustrating is I have been down this road before.

I turned off password protection to my catalog. Jees.... the CC choice at Paypal worked perfect. Got all the emails, admin is showing order. Older I get the slower I learn.

Now I sorta remember from months ago reading that you should edit text to advice on making sure the customer "returns to merchant" when using a CC. I will test some more and not return to site to see what happens.

Thanks for your help, I needed the boost.

Wade

P.S. Does Paypal only show CC's or Paypal choice with Explorer on a PC?

Plugin Contributions

PayPal does not show anything on the Zen Cart checkout_ pages other than a selection via Radio Button ...

All of the processing for Credit Card is done on PayPal Site ...

The Credit Card info you see in checkout_ is NOT PayPal but one of the Credit Card Payment Modules that you have installed ...

NOTE: I would still complete the save/remove/install on everything ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Just in case I have miscommunicated,

What I found in my earlier tests was after I confirmed a normal order on Zen cart, that is choosing to pay with paypal (no "credit card" choice shows because that module was installed in the past, then it was turned to false, and today after your suggestion removed) Then after the confirm you leave Zen and are "diffently" sent to Paypals website.

I do not have paypal pro.

When and only when I used Explorer as a browser the "Paypal website comes up with a window, "Checkout" left side says "Don't have a Paypal Account?", right side "Have a Paypal Account?". I used the don't have side, and the succesful transaction leaves you with a button to return to merchant at the end.

But Firefox or FF on a Mac does "not" give this choice, that is only a Paypal log in, payment choices then can be used, and is automatic to the end with auto return to zen. I havent tried more tests again yet, sorta got burned out. But I see your logic, sets up a good foundation. Some remnent of code allowing wrong page to show? I will push further.

Wade

Plugin Contributions

I have tried all the suggestions. With the help of Jeff I am able to see the name of the product. So, that's a good start, but not really the solution I'd like. I'm really new at this so I'm not sure what information I can give that would help you guys understand my problem. It's pretty much been identified by the other users. The one thing that does confuse me is some of the users are pointing to the ipn_main_handler file for the PayPal IPN notification. Mine says to use:

http://www.giftbasketree.com/index.p...eckout_process

So, is this part of my problem? I changed it to the ipn_main_handler.php too and tested it to no avail.

I'm so clueless. I get the email from PayPal saying the money is there, but like with others, no order and no email confirmations. I also had my email set up to send my cell phone a text message. That isn't happening either.

Thanks for all of those trying to help all of us who can't figure this out! We appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    Your shop doesn't look like or appear to be ZenCart? It appears to be X-Cart or am I missing something ?

Regardless, I wish I could help you with your problem, but I don't have anything else to offer, sorry.
    I had my store redirected to another store I sell products at because I have not had sales for almost a month now...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    make the following changes in the paypal.php file:

includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

find the following line:

$telephone = preg_replace('/\D/', '', $order->customer['telephone']);

add the following code immediately following the above line:

$xx = '';
    for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {
    $xx .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . '-' . ($order->products[$i]['name']) . '**';
    }

now change the following line:

zen_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .

to this:

zen_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME . ' ' . $xx) .

this will allow the cart contents (except for any attributes - I never figured out how to pass attributes) to be passed to PayPal so you will see a list of items ordered in yuor PayPal admin account activity listing

Thanks... but ahm this is well and good .. but will the customer be shown their order after purchase? , my customers need to return to store so that they can download their product. In a way it is more important for them to be able to see what they ordered so they can get their product that they just paid for. I am not sending them their product they have to download their virtual products immediately after purchase or be able to return to store within 10 days or so to go back to their order and download it when they like...

Plugin Contributions

mega turn your PMs on.

in user cp
    edit options

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast