Thread: DUAL Pricing v2

Page 71 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DUAL Pricing v2

Quote Originally Posted by missmobtown View Post
    Yes, that did it for fixing the error message. Now logging in on the front side works fine.

But, it looks like I'm left with a lingering problem; in Admin/Customers, I can edit customers and try to change their Wholesale Pricing level, but it seems like that info isn't being saved. Even I try to switch my fake wholesale customers to 0 (retail), it doesn't show a number in the Request Wholesale column in my customers table. Any thoughts on this, or do I need to PM you for reversal instructions and...sigh... start from scratch?

BTW, your debugging of this mod for this version of Zen Cart is pretty brilliant. Well done, and thanks.

CG

This is a result of a missed 'customers_wholesale' replacement OR not removing the duplicate entries listed in one or more of the files.

This is the exact problem that led me to the bug and the fix!

If it's happening in the admin, check that your admin/customers.php file has all the necessary replacements. This is the file that is controlling the input and then the read from the SQL database fields.

Look to see there are no duplicate c.customers_wholesale or any of the old incorrect customer_whole/customer_wholesale anywhere in the customers.php file.

Thanks!

Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    This is a result of a missed 'customers_wholesale' replacement OR not removing the duplicate entries listed in one or more of the files.
    AHHHHH YESSS! I got it, I found that missing little bugger in customers.php, and it was exactly in the code where it made sense. Thank you, thank you for your instructions. Everything on the backend AND the front end is working perfectly now. You should be elevated to "Totally Zenned" automatically!

All the best,
    CG

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=twitchtoo;983284]Ok, here it is, step by step installation, bug fix and testing!

DO NOT use the install.sql.
    Instead use the following SQL patch:
    ----------

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_price_w` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `products_price`;
    ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `options_values_price_w` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `options_values_price`;
    ALTER TABLE `products_discount_quantity` ADD `discount_price_w` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `discount_price`;
    ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_wholesale` VARCHAR( 4 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `customers_wholesale`;

----------

Hello there,
    This module is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks! I'm trying to install this module and have encountered a problem. I've been following the instructions & did not install the install.sql. Instead I went into the admin>install SQL patch & pasted the above patch. It does not 'take' and I end up with an error message:

"1054 Unknown column 'customers_wholesale' in 'kldcustomers'
    in:
    [ALTER TABLE kldcustomers ADD customers_wholesale VARCHAR( 4 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_wholesale;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields."

Also, when I go to customers in Admin, I get this message:

"1054 Unknown column 'c.customers_wholesale' in 'field list'
    in:"

Did I not add the patch properly? I left off trying to install at step 13.

Thanks for help!

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=kteluv;988393]
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Ok, here it is, step by step installation, bug fix and testing!

DO NOT use the install.sql.
    Instead use the following SQL patch:
    ----------

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_price_w` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `products_price`;
    ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `options_values_price_w` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `options_values_price`;
    ALTER TABLE `products_discount_quantity` ADD `discount_price_w` VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER `discount_price`;
    ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_wholesale` VARCHAR( 4 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `customers_wholesale`;
    Hello there,
    This module is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks! I'm trying to install this module and have encountered a problem. I've been following the instructions & did not install the install.sql. Instead I went into the admin>install SQL patch & pasted the above patch. It does not 'take' and I end up with an error message:

in:
    [ALTER TABLE kldcustomers ADD customers_wholesale VARCHAR( 4 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER customers_wholesale;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields."

Thanks for help!

Plugin Contributions

[quote=kteluv;988394]
    Quote Originally Posted by kteluv View Post

Hello there,

in:

Thanks for help!

You have installed the patch incorrectly. 'kldcustomers' is NOT part of any variable in the patch. 'c.customers_wholesale' is not the correct variable name replacement in one of the files listed in the patch.

For each step of the patch, read what the computer 'finds' BEFORE 'replacing' it to ensure you are replacing the correct variable name.

Be sure to apply the extra SQL patch in post #695.

Try again and keep me posted.

Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

So I can start modifying the sales report module so I can see the sales orders by wholesale customers as apposed to retail customers I need to add to the order table the customer wholesale status. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would think this might be important for a number of people as it stands unless you look at the amounts in an order you have no idea if an order is a retail order or a wholesale order - unless I am missing something.

Thanks for any help
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: DUAL Pricing v2

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    So I can start modifying the sales report module so I can see the sales orders by wholesale customers as apposed to retail customers I need to add to the order table the customer wholesale status. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would think this might be important for a number of people as it stands unless you look at the amounts in an order you have no idea if an order is a retail order or a wholesale order - unless I am missing something.

Thanks for any help
    It should be easy to echo in the customers_wholesale values wherever you'd like in the report. Unfortunately I do not have time to do this immediately... but if i find a spare moment i'll pitch in!

Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all, I have been going over this like a mad man, I think I have most of this mod working, I am however not getting the words "whole sale" pricing on my product page. The price amount does seem to be working if I login with my "wholesale" customer.

Any ideas would be great.

I also have both columns for my customer

customers_whole
    customers_wholesale

I am accessing my database via filemaker ODBC link. - but this does not effect my zen cart operation.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mlconti View Post
    Hi all, I have been going over this like a mad man, I think I have most of this mod working, I am however not getting the words "whole sale" pricing on my product page. The price amount does seem to be working if I login with my "wholesale" customer.

Any ideas would be great.

I also have both columns for my customer

customers_whole
    customers_wholesale

I am accessing my database via filemaker ODBC link. - but this does not effect my zen cart operation.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Also after more investigation it appears the price swapping feature is only using the customers_whole - column "flag" - not sure if that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mlconti View Post

Also after more investigation it appears the price swapping feature is only using the customers_whole - column "flag" - not sure if that helps.
    In order to get my bug fix working you must follow all of the steps in post #687 then add the missing SQL patch in post #695.

You will NOT be using customers_whole. If you followed the instructions in post #687 you will not have any customers_whole field in your Db either. (if you have installed the SQL patch that came with the download I can help remove it if the extra fields are producing errors)

Let me know if you need further assistance. I'm interested in your FM ODBC link...

Twitch.