Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moneris / eSelect Plus Payment Module

The original Zen Cart module uses the API. I can't speak for the one ported from osCommerce.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Is there anyone reading this thread who is using the Moneris / eSelect Plus API Payment Module who could provide an overview of the actual payment process when using the API?

I have previously used the WorldPay payment module, which sent the customer to WorldPay's payment page to complete the transaction, then returned the customer and payment status back to Zen Cart, so that's a process I'm familiar with.

I'm curious to know how both the API module (located at http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con...select_api.zip as indicated by Kuroi) and the Moneris Payment Module located in the downloads (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=666) differ.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much,
    Kevin

Plugin Contributions

The original module sends a message to Moneris via the API and receives one back which it then interprets. The customer never leaves your site. It's a better and seamless customer experience.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much Kuroi

Plugin Contributions

Without following this thread - here's what I did to get it working (November 2007):

- Followed the instructions as shown on the readme file (don't forget to use POST for your moneris feedback - Moneris eSelect Website | Admin configuration).
    - Changed tep_* method names to zen_*
    - Changed $db->Execute in insert_moneirs_orderid.php to zen_db_perform

HTH Someone.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I would like to use the Moneris module and would like customers to stay on my site. I understand the original moneris mod (that Kuroi referred to) does this. Does anyone know if the new one (the one ported from osCommerce and available in the downloads) does this? Which is the better one to use?

I would also like to use the new Interac Online service that is available in Canada. Moneris supports this. Does anyone know how I can modify the moneris mod to use this service? I am not too proficient with coding so any help would be appreciated. Or, can anyone modify the existing ones to do this?

Does anyone have a working moneris mod that I could access?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I've set up the mod mentioned by kuroi and have only used it in the test environment so far. It does process the transaction with the customer staying on your site.

Based on the reply from Tamersalama, I believe that the osCommerce port is being used in that instance, as there are some settings/configurations mentioned that are not in the module I integrated. As I haven't integrated it, I can't say for sure how it behaves, but I think it takes the user to the Moneris server for the transaction and then returns the user back to your site.

As for your question about including the Interac Online service, I'm afraid I can't help you with that, as I haven't tried to integrate that into my client's site. If you do find out any information about that, please do reply to this thread for anyone else who's interested.

Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Hi Infectious,
    Thanks for the info. I am still trying to decide whether I want to use Moneris. Dr. Byte is writing a new Beanstream mod that looks really interesting. It will allow customers to stay on your site for payment and will include Interac Online access. It looks like it will be really good.

If anyone else is interested in a mod for the Beanstream gateway and/or wants to have Interac Online capabilities (available only in Canada), Dr. Byte is looking for sponsors to cover development costs. Here is the thread for more information:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80483

Plugin Contributions

Hi Infectious,
    Did you do anything other than what is mentioned in this threat to get the eSelect mod working properly?

Thanks

after I installed the moneris module, I did everything except the very last parts (7,8,9) because we were waiting for our login info from moneris... and our order processor told me we have an error, it said

1146 Table 'midwest_zc1.moneris_orderids' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select moneris_orderid from moneris_orderids where orders_id = 1190]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    this was on the admin order page for order 1190, on the top... because of this error, it wouldn't load the bottom of the page were he could mark it shipped, so I had to delete all the code from the pages and retreat....

what does the error mean? shouldn't I be able to have all the code installed, but not enabled as a payment module?

Please help I have to figure this out asap.

thanks,

ES

MonkFunk Music Community
    Free Music Website

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast