Plugin Contributions

Upgrade from 1.3.0.0 to 1.3.0.1 Problem

Hello. Hope there is some help out there. I had a clean install of 1.3.0 and everything was working fine. No problems at all.

Then I decided to Upgrade to 1.3.0.1 by just installing the change files. I was using the default template from Zen so I didnot need to change any of the files. Now something appears to be wrong with my paypal IPN. Eveytime my customers make a purchase, the order will not come up in my administrator page or my orders database. I have to keep using the Stuck Orders module to recover the orders in order to see what my customers ordered. Moreover, the email that would have automatically been sent to the customer upon purchase does not go off anymore.
    The only way I know that a purchase has been made is because paypal automatically sends an email to me when I receive a payment.

I have been reading the forums and there is nothing that appears to conclusively work. So I am making the plea for help again.
    Please help me solve this problem with the IPN.

My site is http://www.blairshoppingonline.com and I am using the default template. I have added alot of keywords in my meta tags file, but thats about it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.3.0.0 to 1.3.0.1 Problem

Uninstall your PayPal ... then reinstall the PayPal and reconfigure it ...

Do your other methods of payment work?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I tried that but it did not work. I subsequently went to my metatags.php file which I overloaded with custom keywords and deleted almost all my keywords. An order that came in afterwords then showed up in my order area. I will keep you posted as to the rest of orders that will come in.

Do you think overloading the metatags file can affect it? I noticed that my site became extremely slow when I overloaded this file with keywords, so I decided to remove them and the orders came through.

Plugin Contributions

Odd ... we will have to look into this further ...

What kind of server are you on?

What version php?

What version MySQL?

Where did you get your Zen Cart v1.3 from? and the v1.3.0.1?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded both versions from this site. I am using godaddy as my host with an apache server and the latest php and mysql. But the thing is all my paypal order came in perfectly before I upgraded to 1.3.0.1 and even my meta tag file had alot of keywords in it.

But I await your examination

Plugin Contributions

Re: Upgrade from 1.3.0.0 to 1.3.0.1 Problem

I am having a similar issue. My paypal settings are correct and I have been pouring over the forums looking for possible solutions. I did override the original language template, but have reset back to english and its still occuring. I am running a full installation of 1.3.0.1 under IIS/PHP5/MySQL5. I am currently using the stuck orders script to push the orders into the system when they come in but this is far from ideal... as mentioned I dont think the customer gets a confirmation email.

should i upgrade to 1.3.0.2 does this fix any paypal issues i checked the bug fix list and nothing was mentioned? I have tried a couple of things which I have yet to see any results for, one of which is giving the ipn handler script "full control" access control. I have also made some manual modifications to the meta_tags.php in the language folder to see if its a problem but havent had any luck yet.

I know my paypal settings are correct, and my scripts have permissions. I also have confirmed that the ipn handler page is coming up with a blank page when accessed directly.

Hope you can help!.

Plugin Contributions

I would upgrade to v1.3.0.2 based on the number of fixes in there ...

Then, uninstall and reinstall PayPal and reconfigured it ...

Let's see if that doesn't fix things for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Did the 1.3.0.2 upgrade over the weekend. Unfortunately it didnt fix the problem were still taking IPN orders with the order line details blank. Removed and installed the IPN module. Have not had confirmation from a customer yet as to whether they received the confirmation emails but i suspect not.