Thread: EPDQ Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default EPDQ Help

i have epdq installed as the payment gateway on a client's zencart installation. everything is working fine, except the orders that are fulfilled via epdq are not showing up in admin...well, they show up on the admin home page but not in the orders area and when you click on the order on the admin home page it doesnt take you anywhere.

epdq have examined our logs and assert that the data is being sent to them and processed correctly. they are sending the data back to our site and it is being received successfully. the problem lies in the fulfillment.php file that is part of the epdq module we are using.

anyone have this problem? if so, how did you fix it?

another part of this is that i'm not sure what epdq module we are using or where it came from originally as it was installed by a developer who is not responding to requests for assistance with this issue. so, in addition to the above question, if anyone could point me in the direction of the author's email or site for this epdq module for zen cart, that would be appreciated.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Re: EPDQ Help

Hi there,

Have you solved your problem?

I am having a bit different problem with ePDQ and the latest version of ZenCart.

The order are showing as double (but with the same order number).

Where did you download the eDPQ module from?

Thank you,
    Netizen

Quote Originally Posted by jarin
    i have epdq installed as the payment gateway on a client's zencart installation. everything is working fine, except the orders that are fulfilled via epdq are not showing up in admin...well, they show up on the admin home page but not in the orders area and when you click on the order on the admin home page it doesnt take you anywhere.

epdq have examined our logs and assert that the data is being sent to them and processed correctly. they are sending the data back to our site and it is being received successfully. the problem lies in the fulfillment.php file that is part of the epdq module we are using.

anyone have this problem? if so, how did you fix it?

another part of this is that i'm not sure what epdq module we are using or where it came from originally as it was installed by a developer who is not responding to requests for assistance with this issue. so, in addition to the above question, if anyone could point me in the direction of the author's email or site for this epdq module for zen cart, that would be appreciated.

thanks!

Default Re: EPDQ Help

I am another zenner looking for an epdq module for 1.3.0.1.
    If anyone can help by providing even the old zen module for modification it would be greatly appreciated.

Best
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

The ePDQ system for Barclays Bank is a right royal pain in the ########. It's hard to believe that they use the same backend software (Clear Commerce) as HSBC Bank do for their e-Payment system.

Unless things have changed in the past few months, ePDQ does not accept HTTPS headers but only HTTP headers when connecting to their site. You either have to make the page insecure or else put in place some kind of jump page which is insecure. This is crazy behaviour for a Bank, especially one of the largest in the world

My advice is to use the Merchant ID from Barclays but use Protx as your payment processor - using their Protx Direct system.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Re: EPDQ Help

Hi all. First post. How exciting. Anyhoo...

There is obviously a payment module for epdq somewhere on the web. I can't find it. Someone tell me where it is before I have to do some serious work!

I'm a zencart AND php novice so it would really be fun to start to work it all out from scratch. So if you have one I would appreciate a look (even if it is out of date - it's would give me some idea of how to proceed).

Thanks and thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Take the Internet Merchant ID from Barclays and then sign up with Protx to use Protx Direct. The customer stays on your website and it's a much better system than ePDQ - and a nicely written contribution for it written for Zen Cart too.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

I Would love to. I like Protx a lot. I Actually did a lot of work* toward integration with it and then the client said he wanted to go the epdq route. "No point in doing both", he said. Super. So I need to work directly with epdq. (Unless I can talk them round.)

* Well, I read all the manuals and played with some dotnet code. Shame the client got hosting that only allows PHP. The best laid plans eh...?

Plugin Contributions

ooh, found one. For 1.2 but it's a start. There's a link posted in this thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11765

There is also a looong thread here which I'll need to trawl through.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19586

And someone in this thread says they have one.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11765

So, there is hope. I'll let you know how it goes. Ta all.

Plugin Contributions

You should tell the client that he doesn't "do both". He has to have an Internet Merchant ID from Barclays, which he has to pay for anyway. Then on top of that he pays a one-off fee to use ePDQ, and then pays a monthly fee to keep using it, and then pays transaction charges.

With Protx he just has to pay Barclays for the Merchant ID, and then pay Protx around £20 a month to use Protx Direct - which also includes all of his transaction charges (I think it's up to 1,000 transactions a month included).

People stay on his website - it's only the data which goes back and fore his site and Protx - and it's a much more profesional setup than ePDQ where they go offsite.

Vger

Quote Originally Posted by daveky
    I Would love to. I like Protx a lot. I Actually did a lot of work* toward integration with it and then the client said he wanted to go the epdq route. "No point in doing both", he said. Super. So I need to work directly with epdq. (Unless I can talk them round.)

* Well, I read all the manuals and played with some dotnet code. Shame the client got hosting that only allows PHP. The best laid plans eh...?

Plugin Contributions

I'm inclined to agree with you. So is my boss (which is good news!). We are going to try and talk this guy round. It's a powerful argument so it shouldn't be too hard. However, if he has already paid the fee to use epdq it could be sticking point.

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes. D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast