Plugin Contributions

Information Pages With 2 Title And 2 Home Links

I'm New To Zen Cart

I added a pages in the information pages and it came with two titles and two home links. How can I remove one.

I went to tools and click info pages, it took me to Information Pages, i click new file and put in the information and click insert, it came up with these two titles and two home links. Some pages already there has two titles and some don't. I want to get rid of them that was already there. I just started with Zen Cart about 05/02/06

This is the URL to the page I added.

http://weezeesgifts.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=13

Thanks for any help I can get.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Information Pages With 2 Title And 2 Home Links

Quote Originally Posted by weezee
    I'm New To Zen Cart

I added a pages in the information pages and it came with two titles and two home links. How can I remove one.

I went to tools and click info pages, it took me to Information Pages, i click new file and put in the information and click insert, it came up with these two titles and two home links. Some pages already there has two titles and some don't. I want to get rid of them that was already there. I just started with Zen Cart about 05/02/06

This is the URL to the page I added.

http://weezeesgifts.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=13

Thanks for any help I can get.
    Are you saying that you have added InfoPages to version 1.3.0?

Plugin Contributions

::nod to Kim:: If you are running 1.3 ezpages contrib is built in-not sure you need the contrib, or should make mods for 1.3

To your issue-you have 2 breadcrumbs. That means the infopages file that is building the page is inserting a breadcrumb-it doesn't need to as it's inserted beforehand. Find that file-(guessing it is includes/templates/default_templates/templates/tpl_infopages_default.php) and remove the breadcrumb row.

-Ng_

Plugin Contributions

My host had every thing already set up, i added that one page he setup every thing, i just added the information in the pages. I told him about the pages that had the two titles and home links. he said he was trying to figure it out.
    I thought I could get help here while he's trying to figure it out since it taking so long.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I did it, i'm a Zen newbe but i'm learning with the help form this forum,

you all are doing a great job of helping us Zen newbes.

Thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I did it, i'm a Zen newbe but i'm learning with the help form this forum,
    We were all newbies once-learn, grow, share what you know-that's what makes the world go round..well that and the laws of physics :).

you all are doing a great job of helping us Zen newbes.

Thanks a lot.
    You are quite welcome.

-Ng_

Plugin Contributions

Looking at the page with IE looks good. In Firefox it gives this error at topt - //this is the absolute address of the swf file used https due to total secure site.

I re-installed the flash plugin and that did not help. It could certainly just be my browser but you might want to check with other users.

Plugin Contributions

@Sermonzone:: *applause* for catching an extra error-really helps newbies!

Someone used a php // comment instead of a <!-- html comment -->

Looks like it's generated in the banner code-possibly in the html text for the banner, or may be in the code. I'd check the former first, if not there, use the developer's toolkit to search (last box, admin/catalog select).

-Ng_

Plugin Contributions

Is this on my page? I forgot another problem with my Welcome Guest, the text is so large. I went into the style sheet and change the size in greet user and it only changed the word Guest the other wording is still the same size. Where would I have to change it at.

Plugin Contributions

1. Download and install FireFox (mozilla.com).
    2. Load your page-at the very top (above your image) you'll see the text.

Another reason I say to use FF is that is doesn't mess up the source when you view it-you see just what there is to see (IE sometimes does).
    To adjust styles you can either:

View the source and find the words you want to change. Look at the span/div/etc surrounding it and change that in your stylesheet.

or also download the developer's webbar for FF (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/ or http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/) - there's a CSS tab that lets you view style information -just select that, click on the text, and it'll tell you just what styles are applied and where they are (so you can change them).
    There's also an edit CSS that's pretty cool.

I used it and see this when I click on your header (welcome guest) text:
    h2 (line 41) { font-size: 1.4em; }
    That's your culprit. You just tried to change the greetUser class-that's only the 'guest' text.

While people will for a while help you find styles, etc...it's hard to do it remotely (trying to figure out just what you mean, finding the page, searching the source), so it is something you need to learn how to do yourself, because you also probably don't want to wait 30 min or even days to get a response back on where how to change a particular style.

And a little creative criticism-take the <font> tags out of your page, it's not compliant and makes it harder to change styles because it's hardcoded in the text. (note: it may be the html editor that's doing it, so might not have much choice, but it's a 'would be nice' :)

-Ng_