Possible to copy store to new domain?

I have 6 domains and I want to open a Zen cart store on each of them. I'm probably hoping against hope here, but is there a way to simply copy an installation to a new domain? I use SmartFTP as my ftp client but so far I have not been able to figure out how to simply copy from one directory to another. If I use the copy feature it deletes the original file once I have pasted to another directory.

I just dont want to have to go through and set up all the pages and configuring 5 more times. Please tell me there is a way to do this! :)

Thanks,

Jason B.

www.abcjewelrydepot.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Possible to copy store to new domain?

As long as you do a full backup of your mySQL database and a full backup of your Zen Cart files, all should be fine by simply editing your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php file for each of your domain sites. ;)

Another good way to make a ftp-to-ftp direct transfer would be by FXP. A good software to use would be with: FlashFXP.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the info. I made a backup of my store on abcjewelrydepot.com and the database. Then I uploaded all the files to amazinggem.com and edited the two configure.php files to update the server. Now, maybe this is a dumb question but I am ignorant so here goes. Can I use the same database for all my stores? I will have the exact same products in each store. Many of my products are one of a kind items which will not be restocked. SO I would like those items to be automatically debited from all the stores when it is sold in any one of them.

Can I do this? At the moment both stores are running on the same database and i dont see any glitches but I want to make sure about this before I proceed any further.

Thanks so much,

Jason
    www.brimsjewelry.com

Plugin Contributions

The problem is, even by using the same database for all of your sites, you will upload new products but won't show on all your stores at the same time. You'd still need to upload each of the same products on each of your different stores from the admin section.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle
    The problem is, even by using the same database for all of your sites, you will upload new products but won't show on all your stores at the same time. You'd still need to upload each of the same products on each of your different stores from the admin section.

HUH? If they are all using the same DB - they will all have the same stuff -

Plugin Contributions

I think you missed the point Kim. If you upload products on one of your stores, it is true to say that your images will be initialed into your products table. However, you'd still need to upload your image on ' each ' of your FTP / cPanel's file manager access.

Otherwise, how could your images be uploaded over the 6 sites from a single site under the admin section ? ;)

Ok great! Yeah, I figured I would have to upload the image files for each store so thats not a problem. Thanks so much for your help Oracle. I really appreciate it. Now if I can get this stupid linkpoint module to work I'll be ready for business.

Jason