Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

How to Change the Look?

hi i m new to The Zen Cart World. the zen cart have been installed succefully on a good luck basis to my site www.apnamardan.com/web right now i want to make change, i have change the title of the page successfully using forum help. Now i want to change the look from this default brown colour to any other colour and want to change the header_bg gif file to my own, last time i have just written my site name on the file but it dont show up fully mean it is a little bit down from it main place and secondly is the (powered by zen cart the art of ecomerece have been on top so i want to remove that and change that header gif file to a new one and secondly change the look from the brown to any other please help me ..visit the site www.apnamardan.com/web so u will be clear ..cos i m just i new and dont know how to explain what i want ...help will be apprciated thanks
    Zahoor Ahmad

www.apnamardan.com
    zahoorahmad AT apnamardan DOT com
    zakhan_640 AT yahoo DOT com
    zahoorahmad4u AT hotmail DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to Change the Look

Welcome zahoorahmad

There's lots of helpful information in this section of the wiki.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

How to Change the Look

they all have describe the explaination in code words which i dont understand please write me short direct what do ...where to go...what to edit and the result will be what i want...please i new and did not understand the coding yet and the cart is installed on good luck...cos i dont know even how to install that...shall wait for positive post soon thanks
    Zahoor Ahmad

www.apnamardan.com

Plugin Contributions

Zahoor,

The reason Kuroi gave you the link to read in the Wiki is that you need to follow some rules for templates. This is not a programming law. You can edit any file you want because it is your site and you own it. However, you should not do that.

The template override is THE BEST WAY to develop your cart. Before you customize too many things you should start a custom template.

This is the simplest tutorial in my opinion - http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7263 . This tutorial will tell you how to create a custom template and what files to edit.

While it takes a little longer to learn these basic principles and install a custom template, it is for your benefit in the long run.

Once you have that done, then editing for images and color can be done rather quickly. Again, the Wiki is very helpful. Search in the Wiki and read the instructions.

Best wishes.

Plugin Contributions

that is very good i will go for it but please dont mind ...cos wheneve i did not understand something i m going to ask some irelevent question please dont mind that but thanks for u help
    Zahoor Ahmad

www.apnamardan.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zahoorahmad
    wheneve i did not understand something i m going to ask some irelevent question please dont mind that
    You are always welcome to ask questions. Many questions are answered by the documentation at the links provided and we can give you better answers if you've already read that. Good luck.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Zahoorahmad,
    I would suggest using the default temp instead of the classic temp as a base… the classic temp is much harder to change then the default temp and will give you more problems in the long run.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: How to Change the Look

i have done it again but luck ................i have done...last night i upload the zen cart to another folder and change the image to my own image and then install it is working now but still i have little problem with how to romove the "sale message go here" text for the site please help me now ..cos i have almost done what i need thanks for the help all get possible with zen cart help forum ...
    Zahoor Ahmad

www.apnamardan.com

Plugin Contributions

i have done it with a new installation of the zen cart...wonderfull mean what i need i have done now...thanks for the help from the zen cart members.....please tell me way to remove the "sale message goes here text " for the site and the link located at online...thanks again
    the directory is
    www.apnamardan.com/online
    Zahoor Ahmad

www.apnamardan.com

Plugin Contributions

The file you are looking for is header.php.

By now you should have a folder for your own template. Can you tell us what name you are using? IF the name is /custom (like in the documents you have been reading) you will find the file at /includes/languages/english/custom/header.php.

Best wishes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast