Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Make all currency prices end in .99

I want to make all prices end in .99 no matter what currency (AUD, GBP, USD, EUR)
    I set prices in USD, but when UK people see ‘Flat Rate shipping ‘17.83’ it doesn’t look as professional as 17.99. I would just like all prices to end in .99 for all currencies.
    Some function where after the currency is converted it rounds the number down to the nearest Dollar / Pound / Euro and then add .99 dollars / pounds / euros?
    Any help? cheers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Make all currency prices end in .99

This is not built into Zen Cart at this time ... and it will take a considerable amount of custom coding to work this into the pricing methods ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Linda for your reply
    I thought someone might know how to do it. I thought it would need something simply like just rounding the price to a whole number then padding it with .99 at the end

Plugin Contributions

I might be interested in this too... if someone figures it out, let me know.

Ideally it would round to .99 or .49

Thanks
    --Ben

Plugin Contributions

Anyone?

I sell to both Australian and US customers in AUD so I really want prices to end in .99 always, otherwise it looks really unprofessional like it is some foreign site just converting the currency

At the moment I am just rounding all prices to the nearest dollar so displaying 0 decimal places, but I am wasting .99 per product that way that I could earn, also having no decimal places means that any prices I enter are rounded to the nearest number and then converted to other countries, so I can't have prices like 499AUD because given my exchange rate and my base currency is USD I can only enter whole numbers so I have to choose between 498 or 500, this may not appear a big deal but when selling items like ipods if I have to sell them for 118 instead of 119.99 and postage can only be 18 instead of 19.99 that is really adding up and losing money??
    any help?

Plugin Contributions

This is something I can do. I have quite a bit of experience with currency mods. But its not something I need or want for my site, so I'm afraid I can't offer it up on a voluntary basis.

But opinions are free. You keep using the word "professional", but I really don't think it looks unprofessional to have it converted. "like it is some foreign site just converting the currency"... well... it is :) how is that unprofessional? It shows the customer that you care enough to offer their currency.

It really isn't a matter of professionalism at all... however, research has shown that pricing that ends in "nice" numbers are more appealing to shoppers so for marketing purposes, I see the value.

In any case... hopefully someone will do this for free. If not, it is certainly doable and I'm here if you need me.

- Steven