Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

Thanks! I did see in my configure.php file that one of the paths is pointing to a folder "admin" that doesn't exist. I was afraid to change that in case it affected something else. However after seeing your response I guess I should try updating that path? In the meantime I created an admin dir with a backups dir under it just to get the add-on to work, but don't want to leave it like this.

And this tells me that the paths in your /clay/includes/configure.php file are pointing to the old /kunden/..../admin/... folder, instead of the correct actual folder.

Plugin Contributions

Just installed Backup MYSQL Plugin - Version: v1.5a respectively in 139h and 151 on localhost running xampp 1.7.7.

Works fine in 151, but fails in 139h with following error message.

Warning Result code: 1
    Error Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

From Language file
    define('LOCAL_EXE_MYSQL', 'd:/xampp/mysql/bin/mysql.exe'); // localhost - used for restores
    define('LOCAL_EXE_MYSQLDUMP', 'd:/xampp/mysql/bin/mysqldump.exe'); // localhost - used for backups

From Server Info
    MySQL 5.5.16
    PHP 5.3.8
    open_basedir no value no value
    safe_mode Off Off
    safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value
    disable_functions no value no value

DB passwords for 139h and 151 are identical, but admin logins are different.

The previous 139h version of Backup MYSQL worked fine until upgrade, but now upon reloading previous version, Backup MYSQL no longer works in 139h.

Help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

... I fixed it by removing any $,!,&, etc from the password. After removing, it works perfectly.
    May have a working fix for this which does not require you to change your passwords to remove punctuation. The following is working correctly in my test and production environments (LAMP stacks).

Try changing line 125 of "admin/backup_mysql.php" from:
    Code:
            $dump_params .= ' "--password=' . DB_SERVER_PASSWORD . '"';
    to:
    Code:
            $dump_params .= ' --password=\'' . DB_SERVER_PASSWORD . '\'';
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to use Backup MySQL Database tool to actually backup the true data files as well? ie. Customer, Order, etc. ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rgriese View Post
    Is there a way to use Backup MySQL Database tool to actually backup the true data files as well? ie. Customer, Order, etc. ?
    There are many ways to interpret your question, depending on what technical angle one reads it from, but most of those angles would never ask that question.

So, perhaps you can rephrase your question, being more specific about what you actually meant?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for not being more specific. When I download the .sql file after creating the backup using the plugin, it appears that there is no customer order date, address data, etc. As opposed to when I use MYphpAdmin to create a backup in which when I open the sql file I can see all the customer data. I thought that this plug in would backup the order, address, etc information. (I am just opening the file in TextWranger)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You didn't say whether the file was empty. but, if the .sql file is actually empty, then that suggests you've got errors occurring which are preventing any backup from happening at all.

I find it hard to believe that it doesn't contain the data that it backed up. It takes a backup of the entire database specified in your admin configure.php file ... ya, the same database that you're logging in to when you login to your admin, the same database that stores the orders and is used to display the orders.

I suspect you're misreading the data. Maybe the data is on very long lines (which makes for smaller sizes because it removes excessive repetition) and you're not scrolling far enough to the right to see the rest of the info.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My apologies! The file is not empty, however as you suspected it was a case of my misreading the data. The file is just formatted differently from when I do the backup from myPHPadmin and you are correct.... I wasn't scrolling far enough to the right. I saw only the parts of the file where the SQL tables were being established etc, but did not scroll right far enough to see the actual data within the tables... ie customer orders etc. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, on a different and unrelated note... I am doing work for the client who has the Zen Cart installation. She would like to add some additional fields that do not already exist in the installation. (primarily product and date related) I do not have enough experience to add these fields myself. Do you or are you aware of someone who does this for a reasonable price?

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, would you please check this error I'm having after installing FEC for Zen Cart 1.3.9 and let me know how to fix it:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...51#post1236051

Post #1741.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast