Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

After Importing the database through phpMyAdmin is says 1517 processed and that it is all OK, but still no information has been imported into my new database.

I then just for a shot in the dark tried using backup_mySQL plugin to backup the database just to see or confirm its size. I received this error:

Result code: 1
    0 => '"mysqldump"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    1 => operable program or batch file.
    Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

Does this information help to solve my problem??

Thanks again for the help,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's starting to really look like you can't run it in your current configuration.
    IIRC the readme and/or the language file contain instructions on specifying the correct mysql binary/application for your computer. NOTE: If you change that to suit your local PC it will NOT match what's on your server.

Perhaps you should just do your backup with phpMyAdmin, and then take that backup and import it to the new database also using phpMyAdmin.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok Thank you for your reply Dr.Byte..... I will try this!

Plugin Contributions

I read in Wamp forums that other people used MariaDB instead of SQL for their DB to import into as they had problems with SQL.

I tried this and it worked. I used the same commands to import into MariaDB that I did into SQL and ran it in the console prompt window and it uploaded. When I looked at this database, it has all of the information in it.

Problem is I cannot get site to recognize the database is now in MariaDB even though I changed the port number to 3306 on MariaDB. Will keep working on it, but wondered why the database would upload into MariaDB and not SQL.....anyone else have this problem or know why??

Thanks,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NWCE View Post
    but wondered why the database would upload into MariaDB and not SQL
    MySQL has smaller/stricter limits in its default configuration than MariaDB does. That "might" be a reason, assuming you've added a lot of complex additional very long custom fields and custom indexes.

MOST IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that your local PC is NOT your live website, so ALWAYS assume that things on the live site might work differently than on your local PC. Whenever you put something on your live server test test test everything!

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr.Byte,

Thanks again for your reply....I appreciate it....and on a holiday weekend! I will look at editing the file limits in MySQL and see if this works.

As you mentioned.....I may need to just complete my customizations and then upload it under a different directory on my server to then test the database migration before going live.

Thanks once again,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I'm in the process of updating a site that uses version

// $Id: backup_mysql.php revised 2012-07-07 $

... and updating to the most recent version:

// $Id: backup_mysql.php revised 2020-07-19 $

The issue that I'm having is that I'm receiving a 1045 (access denied) when attempting to perform a backup with the latest version, but the database properly 'backs up' using the older version (albeit without gzip compression, even though I've ticked that checkbox). I'm not sure what additional information might be needed to aid in this issue's resolution, but here goes.

The (test) site's running in a sub-directory off the main site, e.g. https://www.example.com/test. As I'm trying to get the majority of the plugins updated prior to the Zen Cart upgrade, that test site's currently running zc155e on PHP v5.6.40 with MySQL 5.7.23-23 (NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION).

There's no /admin/includes/local/configure.php file that could be messing with the configuration and I'm not seeing any major change in the processing that "should" affect the outcome.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Interestingly, the "1.5d" update in 2018 specifically aimed to resolve the "1045 access denied" issue, by escaping the pass word credential with escapeshellcmd(). I suppose you could try removing that to see if it makes any difference.
    Does the db pass word happen to include single or double quotation marks in it?

The escapeshellcmd() function escapes certain characters, as outlined in https://www.php.net/manual/en/functi...peshellcmd.php

As for gzip, if the gzip binary isn't found then the compression doesn't occur. Hopefully it just fails silently and doesn't actually send a failure message that's getting conflated with the actual backup action.

Plugin Contributions

The database password contains these special characters: _ = &

Plugin Contributions

I am testing a site very similar to lat9 https://www.example.com/test. I am getting this error.

0 => mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user '************User'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast