Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

Thanks to both of you! I'll give it a try soon. My DB backup mod works on all my sites but my main one, and after seeing this thread now I think it is due to the strange characters in the pw (which I kind of suspected).

sph
    www.prommart.com
    www.fashion-mart.biz

www.prom-mart.com (testing area)

Plugin Contributions

ZC v1.50
    I downloaded (have not installed yet) based on the install instructions for EP 4.0.

Is it necessary/recommended to run this plug-in on my localhost prior to installing on my live site?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Not sure what EP 4.0 has to do with it.

Doesn't matter if you install on localhost first or on live site first. Depends how/when you want to use it. There is no "problem" created by doing it "before" or "after".

If you want to install this plugin on your localhost, then you can use it to make a database backup.
    If you don't, then you will need to use some other method of making a database backup.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As I stated in my op, it was recommended in the EP install instructions.

The second half of your reply answered my question well enough.

Plugin Contributions

Am new to Zen Cart and trying to install Backup MySQL plugin. I need a little more detailed instructions on how to install. When I look at the client's file structure, there is no "admin" folder. Instead, what I see is attached. Is this the directory I would install the files to? Do I unzip the files I downloaded, just copy them, or what?Name:  cccfilestructure.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  40.9 KB Any help greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Admin is renamed when ZC is installed. You need to determine what the new name is.
    Your customer should be the person to ask.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, the customer won't know the answer to this question. Can you look at the file structure above to tell? She had 2 installs 1 for a wholesale site and 1 for retail. Under the wholesale folder is the folder that you can see in the attached screen shot, called Clay. This folder has the Backups, images, include folders etc. Assuming this is the correct folder, how to I extract the Zip file I downloaded to my pc into this folder. Can I just upload from the host's file manager? Thanks for any guidance.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the plugin in, however now when I go to tools and run it, I get the following message: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php. And further down the page "Warning: dir(/kunden/homepages/37/d401359263/htdocs/wholesale/admin/backups/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /homepages/37/d401359263/htdocs/wholesale/clay/backup_mysql.php on line 404" I think this is because my admin directory is actually "Clay" but how can I change the add-on so that it will create the backups in the /wholesale/clay/backups folder instead of looking for admin\backups. I'm apologizing in advance but I need pretty specific instructions. Thanks so much for any help!

Plugin Contributions

DrByte or others, would you be able to help me with this?: I would really appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by rgriese View Post
    I have installed the plugin in, however now when I go to tools and run it, I get the following message: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php. And further down the page "Warning: dir(/kunden/homepages/37/d401359263/htdocs/wholesale/admin/backups/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /homepages/37/d401359263/htdocs/wholesale/clay/backup_mysql.php on line 404" I think this is because my admin directory is actually "Clay" but how can I change the add-on so that it will create the backups in the /wholesale/clay/backups folder instead of looking for admin\backups. I'm apologizing in advance but I need pretty specific instructions. Thanks so much for any help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"Warning: dir(/kunden/homepages/37/d401359263/htdocs/wholesale/admin/backups/) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory
    Note the directory above is NOT the same as your actual directory, shown below:
    ... in /homepages/37/d401359263/htdocs/wholesale/clay/backup_mysql.php
    And this tells me that the paths in your /clay/includes/configure.php file are pointing to the old /kunden/..../admin/... folder, instead of the correct actual folder.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast