Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

Are you sure "none has been imported"? Or is it just "zc_install doesn't recognize the tables because they have a different DB_PREFIX on the other site"?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NWCE View Post
    backup_mysql_plugin_v5g.

here is what is in the logs

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in \admin\backup_mysql.php on line 519
    This is strange. In v1.5g of the BackupMySQL plugin there is *no* use of "continue" anywhere, let alone on line 519.
    Thus it would seem that your /admin/backup_mysql.php file is not actually the one from v1.5g

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your replies Dr.Byte,

Once trying to import the database through the 2 ways I have mentioned in previous posts, I log into my Admin panel and there is no customer data, no product info, etc.

With the /admin/backup_mysql.php file, I have downloaded all the latest plugins that I need to place back into my site to be sure that I am using the latest versions. I looked at the file and its revision an it shows as backup_mysql.php revised 2012-07-07 This will maybe help identify if it is not current

Thanks,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr.byte,

I went through my files and see that this was in fact an old version.....thank you for pointing this out.

I downloaded and reinstalled a new copy and the admin/backup_mysql.php file now shows a revised date of 2020-07-19

I once again logged in, went to the plug in and chose Restore. Then clicked the Browse button and proceeded. It whirred, completed, and there were no errors. When I once again logged into my Admin panel, there is no information imported (customers, orders, etc.). I then tried going into myPhpAdmin to check the database tables, and when I look at address_book and customer tables, there is no information in them.

I am obviously doing something wrong. If you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe it can't find the MySQL application properly on your computer.

Since you're using phpMyAdmin you can import the backup that way instead.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for your reply Dr.Byte.

Would the fact that my live site and current database are a different version of MySQL (lower) than the MySQL in my local computer using Wamp?

Thanks for the suggestion on using phpMyAdmin to import the database. When I run the command prompt in MySQL console and switch to the data base I want to import into, then use the command source with the path in my local computer to the database file that I want to import, it runs processes without error, and completes quite quickly for a 55Mb database. I again log into my Admin panel and it does not show any of the info that should have been imported such as customers, orders, etc.

Any suggestions on why this would be??

Thanks again,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Have you looked at the file you are importing and confirmed it contains what you think it does? (i.e. that it actually is a database and not just a few error messages?)
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, SWGuy, I had the same thought, and have opened it and it does contain all of the info! Goo thought, though!

Plugin Contributions

After importing via phpmyadmin, does phpmyadmin show the data you are expecting?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Torvista,

Thanks for your reply! No, PhpMyAdmin tables show nothing in the database.

Do you have any other ideas??

Thanks,

Jeff

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast