Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

It's likely that the path to the mysqldump binary may be causing it, and instead the path should perhaps be left out.

mysqldump

instead of

/usr/bin/mysqldump

Either that, or the way the command is being sent isn't properly separating the command from its parameters...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    It's likely that the path to the mysqldump binary may be causing it, and instead the path should perhaps be left out.

mysqldump

instead of

/usr/bin/mysqldump

Either that, or the way the command is being sent isn't properly separating the command from its parameters...
    Hmmm.. that doesn't do it either. I have switched to a zencart certified host from dreamhost, and have the same problem on the new host.

Plugin Contributions

Just a note that may apply. Previously after installing the BU plugin on v1.26, and later on 1.30, when I first ran the tool I received the same errors reported below (unable to find binary and backup failed). However the backup still worked (successfully backed up my database, both to the server and downloaded to my client). I successfully tested restoring my db's with the backups.

Later I had my domain account moved to an upgraded server and then I did a fresh install of 1.3.0.1. The plugin installed on 1.3.0.1 without those errors. And works fine.

Apologies if you've already responded to the questions below, but in case not...

What are permissions on your /admin/backups folder?

Do you see the same errors when backing up to the server versus downloading backup (choosing "Download without storing on server")? I don't normally backup to my client using this tool but useful for testing.

Do you see these same errors if GZIP is enabled or not (in Zen Cart admin - Configuration > GZIP)? (shouldn't apply but you never know).

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Re: Backup MySQL Database

Just downloaded and installed v 1.2.0.10a onto Zencart v 1.3.0.1

I had no problems installing - I've used previous versions on versions 1.2x of Zencart with no problems whatsoever.

One small bug I have found with the new version is that if I backup to the server and click the 'No compression' radio button I get a .gzip file rather than an uncompressed file. If, however, I tick the 'Download without storing on the server' box I get an uncompressed file as expected.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Great tool b.t.w. I never install Zencart without it.

Regards,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Yep same for me too!

I've gone back to an earlier version (around sept 05) and it works as it should.

While a lot of other stuff was probably fixed, this small quirk was introduced.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Just a note that may apply. Previously after installing the BU plugin on v1.26, and later on 1.30, when I first ran the tool I received the same errors reported below (unable to find binary and backup failed). However the backup still worked (successfully backed up my database, both to the server and downloaded to my client). I successfully tested restoring my db's with the backups.

Later I had my domain account moved to an upgraded server and then I did a fresh install of 1.3.0.1. The plugin installed on 1.3.0.1 without those errors. And works fine.

Apologies if you've already responded to the questions below, but in case not...

What are permissions on your /admin/backups folder?

Do you see the same errors when backing up to the server versus downloading backup (choosing "Download without storing on server")? I don't normally backup to my client using this tool but useful for testing.

Do you see these same errors if GZIP is enabled or not (in Zen Cart admin - Configuration > GZIP)? (shouldn't apply but you never know).

Woody
    Permissions are 777 on admin/backups, and I get the same error no matter which combination of settings I use. This is hosted on camelot-hosting, so there shouldn't be anything weird with their setup.

Plugin Contributions

I tried downloading a fresh version of the mod and reinstalling and everything works! Not sure if there was some weirdness when I originally installed it on my old host, or if I messed it up somehow. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by duncanad
    Just downloaded and installed v 1.2.0.10a onto Zencart v 1.3.0.1

One small bug I have found with the new version is that if I backup to the server and click the 'No compression' radio button I get a .gzip file rather than an uncompressed file. If, however, I tick the 'Download without storing on the server' box I get an uncompressed file as expected.

Anyone else experienced this problem?
    Yes. I am running Zen Cart 1.3.0.1 with backup_mysql_admin_plugin-1.2.1.0 (not A).

I cannot disable the compression radio button, no matter if backing up to server or if download to remote client..

Workaround: When I want to back up with compression off I just turn it off in Configuration > GZip Compression. Then I back up.

But I have found no reason to disable GZip. Instead of a 20.5MB DB I get a 2MB DB. ;)

Woody

Plugin Contributions

i just installed this contrib... i went to tools and database backup but all it has there is a warning about not using SSL and a restore button... am i missing something??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GazLuvsStace
    i just installed this contrib... i went to tools and database backup but all it has there is a warning about not using SSL and a restore button... am i missing something??
    Reading some of the posts below and the caveats in the readme, did you observe any security restrictions in effect which may be contributing to your issues?

Woody

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast