Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

Quote Originally Posted by tekram
    i get the following message when trying to backup:

0 => 'c:/apache2triad/mysql/bin/mysqldump.exe" "--host' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

does this mean the server is running "in strict safe_mode,
    or with open.basedir restrictions in effect, or with restrictions against
    using "exec()" commands. "
    This would appear to be an issue with Windows and needing/not-needing double-quotes around command-line names vs parameters.
    I don't see it being an issue with safe-mode or basedir restrictions or exec().
    It doesn't appear to be the typical windows problem with not allowing access to CMD.EXE, since you're not running a Server O/S.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brimsjewelry
    I have been using this mod successfully for about two months. But today I went to admin to make a backup and when i click admin/tools/backup mysql I get a blank page. I've tried this in both IE and Firefox with the same result. Any ideas whats going on and how to fix?

Jason
    A sudden change would typically suggest a change on the server side, usually related to permissions.
    It could be related to permissions on the /admin/backups folder
    It could be corruption to the admin/includes/languages/english/backup_mysql.php file
    It could be corruption to the /admin/backup_mysql.php file

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the backup according to instructions but I recieve this error:

Result code: 1
    0 => 'c:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

1 => operable program or batch file.

Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

I have changed to correct map in /admin/includes/languages/english/backup_mysql.php but still the same.

I am using XP and running the shop on my computer, it's not live yet. ZC1.3.0.2 and the swedish language pack.

Please, need help...

/Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

Hi again !

I think I have solved the problem above. If I changed in /admin/backup_mysql.php the following, for the $pathsearch variable (taking out the last part only...)

$pathsearch=array(.............. '\'c:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.0/bin/\'', '\'d:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.0\\bin\\\'');

to

$pathsearch=array(.............. '\"c:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.0/bin/\"', '\'d:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.0\\bin\\\'');

... changing from ' to " after the \ solves the error message above. If I do the same change in /admin/includes/languages/english/backup_mysql.php nothing happens. I don't know why but it's probably one step closer to solution..

Now, I have another message when I'm trying to do a backup...

Result code: 1
    0 => 'mysqldump" "--host' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

1 => operable program or batch file.

Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

As you can see, it's the same problem as tekram have but I can't see any solution to this problem... Any solutions ?

Regards,
    /Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

I hate this but... bump...

I have searched around in this forum for simular problem but I havn't found any solutions for my problem. Please, anyone have any tips ?

/Typhoon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is this for offline development or live hosting of your site?

Plugin Contributions

For the moment it's local, on my server. within a month it will be "live"...

/Typhoon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Does it work properly on your "live" server? Or is it too soon to test?

Plugin Contributions

I don't have any possibility to try the shop on a "live" server for the moment. Do you think that's the problem ? Do you think it will work when it's live ?

/T

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon
    I don't have any possibility to try the shop on a "live" server for the moment. Do you think that's the problem ? Do you think it will work when it's live ?

/T
    Most likely, especially if it's not hosted on a Windows server (yuck!)

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast