Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database

I've set up a cron job to schedule a daily backup (using backup_mysql.php?action=backupnow) and it's working but the backup is made in an uncompressed file format.

Does anybody know what parameter should be included in the cron job to invoke gzip compression (backup_mysql.php?action=backupnow 'parameter')?

I would like to have the backups gzipped for the obvious reason of reducing size. Strange thing is that a manual backup using the admin interface does produce a gzip file. Even stranger because at initially I only had the option 'No Compression (Pure SQL)' and still it produced a gzip file.

Looking for a parameter to invoke gzip compression using the cron job I ran across this post by Woodyman.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    The "No Compression (Pure SQL)" radio button in the BU mod dialog is defectively sticky, after the first time I selected I have never been able to unselect.
    This seemed to be the same issue I was having and made me realize something was missing in my setup.

Found out that within admin/includes/init_includes/init_gzip.php there are four paths defined for gzip and zip configs. Within backup_mysql.php these paths are checked and, once found correct, options 'Use GZIP' and 'Use ZIP' are added to the admin interface.

In my case changing the paths to:

/bin/gzip
    /bin/gunzip
    /usr/bin/zip
    /usr/bin/unzip

made the options appear. Check with your hosting provider if these settings don't work for you. Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

hi...

i'm sure this is a dumb question:

i've just installed this mod for the first time... i'm quite thankful as i've often worried about not having a recent enough backup...

i haven't tried to create a backup yet, but the option is in the admin window and such, so i'm confident.

I would just like to know where it will save my backup

it says:
    /home/content/(some removed)html/admin/backups/

but where is the 'home' folder...

like i said, i'm sure it's a dumb question...thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

d'oh.

i figured it out...

thanks so much Dr. Byte!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL Database: Results code: 2

Hi all,

I have just made a clean install of zencart 1.3.7 in a new MySQL (Client API version 5.0.18) database. After installing the "Backup MySQL" module (BACKUP_MYSQL Admin Tool v1.3) but I get the following error when trying to make a back-up using gzip:

Warning Result code: 2
    Warning 0 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: File '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
    Warning 1 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: Character set '#33' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index' file
    Warning 2 => /usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client when trying to connect
    Error Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Kind regards and many thanks for your help,

Goshawk.
    Time is but an illusion, there is only "now"!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

two possible causes:

1. your database server isn't localhost, and thus it cannot connect to remote server
    2. your webserver's command-line configuration for mysql client isn't fully complete, hence the charset warnings etc.

These are common symptoms of clustered hosting setups where the server administrator hasn't considered the need for command-line tools to be available to access the database from the webserver.

Hopefully your host can handle the error and make the required corrections. You'll have to report the issue to them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte for your quick response. I will take it up with my host. :)
    Time is but an illusion, there is only "now"!

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink WinXP server WAMP w/MYSQL 5

HI, I am using my local test server - WinXP with WAMP and MYSQL 5

When I try and run the backup I get from the Admin:

Result code: 1
    0 => 'C:\wamp\mysql\bin\/mysqldump.exe" "--host' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    1 => operable program or batch file.
    Failure: The database has NOT been saved.

I edited the backup_mysql.php

define('LOCAL_EXE_MYSQL', 'c:\wamp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe');
    define('LOCAL_EXE_MYSQLDUMP', 'c:\wamp\mysql\bin\mysqldump.exe');

If the problem is that WinXP is not letting the guest user run CMD.exe. Can you give me the (mysqldump.exe ...) command string so I can run it as a local scheduled task?

Then when I get ZenCart up and running on a Linux server I can set it back to default.

THANKS
    JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

@LibertyFlag:

I'm unable to connect to your web site. Meaning, I cannot see the screenshots you have posted. Perhaps posting them as an attachment of your next message should facilitate others to visualize what might of had happened (and if this error has not been covered yet).

Plugin Contributions

Anyone ever have the issue of the backup that goes to 101% and finishes immediately without actually backing up anything?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Anyone ever have the issue of the backup that goes to 101% and finishes immediately without actually backing up anything?
    I guess it appears to be an issue when GZip is turned on. I didn't have the problem prior, but intermittingly I was getting it the last few months. Not sure why it'd work sometimes and not others if host related. ZC 1.3.7; backup mySQL plugin 1.3

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast