Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Help Please

Using phpMyAdmin, browse your database table:
    coupon_gv_queue

and find the GV for the customer and you need to mark the:
    release_flag

as X

What this does in keep a record of the GV but not release it to the customer ... now it will not show but if you need to reference it you can see it in the database and in your Admin under the GVs sent ... it will show as not redeemed ...

If you do not want this record of this transaction at all, you can delete it from the:
    coupon_gv_queue
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you hon !

So much help.

Plugin Contributions

Using Zen Car v1.3.9h. Customer purchased gift certificate, but it doesn't appear in the gift queue. Looking at the database table - coupon_gv_queue, the release_flag shows "Y".
    he customer says she doesn't have it. How can I tell if it was sent to the customer??

Thanks, ROland

Plugin Contributions

Default Really need a way to reject Gift Certificates without editing database directly

I've found various comments and threads regarding this, but I wanted to chime in and request that an option to reject/cancel gift certificates be added to the gift certificate functionality. I've seen some of the previously listed reasons for not having that function available, but as the person managing the store, it is really making things difficult especially for this time of year. I get a fairly large number of people attempting to use stolen credit cards in my store because of the types of items I carry. My fraud filters with PayPal do a pretty good job catching them, but they aren't perfect.

Gift certificates are a common target, as the buyer can enter the actual billing address for the card user, but not worry if the shipping address is correct. This makes it more likely that the purchase will clear the fraud filters. I usually still catch the fraudulent purchases because I just know what to look for, but then I'm stuck with a gift certificate sitting in the queue even if I cancel and refund the original purchase. This has happened when a customer changed their mind as well, and it seems like a lot of extra work that could be solved by simply adding a "reject" button. To me, it's just like any other product that can be canceled. I understand that the gift certificate can be used like money once it's approved, but prior to that it's not any different than any other product.

I really appreciate what the developers have done regarding Zen Cart, but for me it would save a lot of trouble if I had a way to reject the gift certificates. It seems that if I have an option to accept them in the first place, logic would say that I should be able to NOT accept them too!

Thanks!
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Really need a way to reject Gift Certificates without editing database directly

Hi all,
    We have Gift Certificates on our store, we had no problem setting them as the walkthru is super easy.

What (if anything) will happen if I add a Manufacturer to the currently empty "Manufacturer" field?
    I need to add one in as our store reports are based around the ManID information.

Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Please help:
    I have been able to set up the GC correctly and triple checked that all of the setting are in place, the issue is that when I attempt to email either all or part of the credit amount, the error message Whoops: unable to process ....... is returned. has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you correct it??????

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Already tried to search for this issue, but couldn't find anything.

I got the GV set-up, customers can buy, he can send the amount (after approval) to another customer. All working fine.
    Only when the customer pays with the GV the amount DOES get deducted from the order total, but DOES NOT get deducted from the GV amount itself. (It goes "evergreen").

Anyone here that can point me in the right direction? (I know some coding)
    Thanks in advance.

(Running multisite ZC 1.50, upgraded by hand from 1.3.8 (2 years ago?), now running multisite and some other customisations (EU VAT & PDF Invoice would be the main "payment" mods. This is the first time I use the GV module, this mod is freshly installed)
    Last edited by vandijkstef; 27 Jun 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

I have searched and searched and can't find an answer to my gift certificate problem. I have installed it and tested it on my site and everything works perfect except when I try to "send" it to someone else it gives me this, WHOOPS! SORRY, BUT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PERFORM THE ACTION REQUESTED. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? My website is TanaAnns.com

Thank you!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Using 1.5.1 and have gift certificates as a product - this works fine but (and this just started) if I send a gift certificate via email to a customer, it sends correctly but does not appear in their queue. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

What do you mean by the Gift Certificate:
    it sends correctly but does not appear in their queue
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast