Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by Slash74
    I had followed all the instructions for setting up gift certificates but ended up with errors. Can someone plz help?
    Following errors received:
    Warning: This product is marked - Free Shipping and Skips Shipping Address
    No shipping will be requested when all products in the order are Virtual Products
    Warning: This product is marked - Free Shipping, Shipping Address Required
    Free Shipping Module is required when all products in the order are Always Free Shipping Products.
    I had updated the product even though these errors had occured then did a dummy test. During the process shipping method screen comes up.
    From my past experience it will always show the shipping information. Admin correct me if that's wrong ....
    Take scrapbooking to a whole new level - GO DIGITAL - http://www.hookedondigiscrap.com

Plugin Contributions

To setup a Gift Certificate:

1 install the Modules ... Order Totals ... Gift Certificate module

2 Create a Product with the products_model as:
    GIFTXXXXX

where the XXXXX can be text, numbers, upper or lower case but the GIFT must be upper case ...

3 Mark the Product as:
    Product is Virtual: Yes, Skip Shipping Address
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

*Jumping in with another question here*

If you let the attributes set the price, how does it come up with different price options, ie 5, 10, 15, 20, 50? Or is it just a box for the customer to fill in their own price?

I'd love to have one GC product with checkbox options for diff. amounts. How can I do that?

TIA!

Plugin Contributions

As the demo data is setup, this has a Gift Certificate setup as you described ... so you can see how various products are built ...

The Attributes are set to the values in the increments ...

Then the customer picks the Gift Certificate amount ... plus they can pick how many they want in that amount ...

NOTE: we do recommend everyone to setup a test database with a test directory with the demo data installed so that you can see and test this and all of the other features and capabilities of Zen Cart based on pre-configured data to help you see how things work and open the door to new possibilities ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your quick response! I'll give that a try in a couple of days when the store isn't busy :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PattyGale View Post
    I have been all over this new forum for the last 2 hours looking for how to get gift certificates confirgured and am at a loss.

I know they are setup just like a regular product, but what attributes are needed and where do I find the Gift Certificates Mod to download?

thanks for the help!
    So what's the answer - how do I set up a gift certificate?

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps reading back a couple posts to #32 would help you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can set the shopping-cart sidebox to "always show" via Admin->Configuration->Layout Settings->Shopping Cart Box Status = 0

Also, Gift Certificate funds can be managed by the customer from:
    - My Account
    - Gift Certificate FAQ page
    - gv_send page
    - and checkout_success page

Hi Dr Byte
    you have right to manage in this files.
    but suppose a client send some of his balance to somebody else, this will automatically debit from his caccount balance. but if the receiver does not answer to the sender email or for every reason, did not get email etc. admin do not have more acccess to this balance of client, other hand, cliant('s balance has been debited without his money be released by somebody else so ho lost his money in the air????

question; is there any possibility to manage this issue? to see or to give a limitation time to the receiver and if he does not react to the sender mail, the balance of sender becomes corrected? as we see in paypal, if receiver does not react to senedr gift, at least sender doesn't loos his money?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

My sister gives me a Best Buy Gift Certificate ...

Yes, she also gave me one last Christmas and the Christmas before ... and the one before last ...

They are all four sitting in my pocket ...

I did use one 6 months ago ... or part of one for a headset ...

I sure would of been ticked off if my Christmas present expired, became void, etc.

That's why when she asks ... hey what do you want for Christmas ... and I say nothing special ... and she says how about a Gift Certificate from Best Buy ... I say sure ... cause I know I can put those in my pocket and use them whenever I want ...

Maybe a wireless headset next ... yeah ... that's that's the ticket ... a wireless headset ... or ... or ... or ...

Gotta love those Best Buy Gift Certificates ... I sure hate those ones that expire or lose value etc. over time ... really ticks me off to say the least ... makes me want to packup my credit cards and go home ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by reza View Post
    Hi Dr Byte
    you have right to manage in this files.
    but suppose a client send some of his balance to somebody else, this will automatically debit from his caccount balance. but if the receiver does not answer to the sender email or for every reason, did not get email etc. admin do not have more acccess to this balance of client, other hand, cliant('s balance has been debited without his money be released by somebody else so ho lost his money in the air????

question; is there any possibility to manage this issue? to see or to give a limitation time to the receiver and if he does not react to the sender mail, the balance of sender becomes corrected? as we see in paypal, if receiver does not react to senedr gift, at least sender doesn't loos his money?

thanks

HI
    CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A HAND, FOR THE QUESTION ABOVE;
    I don't repeat the question, Jst the point of the question is: what can we do if the receiver of a gift certificate sent by other client do not receive his email, while the balance of sender is already debitted?
    thanks if you can guid me ;;;;

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast