Thread: Failed Opening

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Failed Opening

I just installed Zen-cart, changed permissions and 2 filenames as directed and set up the database.

When I run the install script, I get a blank screen and this entry in the error log:

PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/store/zc_install/index.php on line 27

The "includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php" IS there, according to smartFTP, LeapFTP and the server's file manager.

I try to access the "includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php" file directly on my browser and I get a 403 message.

The server is running PHP 5.0

I'm at a loss, and open for suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Failed Opening

Can you share a URL to your zc_install/techsupp.php file?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

floralmemoriesandconcepts.com/store/zc_install/techsupp.php

Plugin Contributions

So far, this is what I can see wrong here:

# PHP Safe Mode= ON
    It should definitely be set to OFF for PHP scripts saighs. ;)

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem. But my safe mode is off. Here is the path to techsupp.php.

http://www.golfcarmidwest.com.weizgu...l/techsupp.php

thanks in advance
    Last edited by weizguy; 16 May 2006 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by weizguy
    I am having the same problem. But my safe mode is off. Here is the path to techsupp.php.

http://www.golfcarmidwest.com.weizgu...l/techsupp.php

thanks in advance

Hmmm ... /home/weizguy is in /home/weizguy/public_html, so it shouldn't be reporting an error.... you're safe to proceed. If you're upgrading, proceed to Database-Upgrade.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dad47466
    I just installed Zen-cart, changed permissions and 2 filenames as directed and set up the database.

When I run the install script, I get a blank screen and this entry in the error log:

PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/store/zc_install/index.php on line 27

The "includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php" IS there, according to smartFTP, LeapFTP and the server's file manager.

I try to access the "includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php" file directly on my browser and I get a 403 message.

The server is running PHP 5.0

I'm at a loss, and open for suggestions.
    I'm guessing your server doesn't like the .htaccess settings for some reason.
    Try TEMPORARILY renaming the .htaccess file in the /includes folder, and maybe also in the /zc_install folder

Plugin Contributions

Re: Failed Opening

Well, I tried temporarily renaming my .htaccess file and I am still getting the following error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/weizguy/public_html/golfcarmidwest.com/zencart/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_default.php on line 39

Here is line 39:

<div id="indexDefaultMainContent" class="content"><?php require($define_page); ?></div>

any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind, I figured it out :) I went through folder by folder and found a few files didn't get uploaded.

All is good now...

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, my problem is still remaining. Safe mode is off. .htaccess files have been removed and I'm still getting

PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/floralmemoriesandconcepts.com/httpdocs/store/zc_install/index.php on line 27

.htaccess files were returned, with no change.

Just for fun, I removed the line in the zc_install/index.php file that referenced the common/html_header.php file, and I got this error message

PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/common/main_template_vars.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/floralmemoriesandconcepts.com/httpdocs/store/zc_install/index.php on line 27

the vars file is the next in line after the header file.

I was thinking it might be a server problem, but the server says that there is nothing wrong at their end.

I have uploaded the cart once again and copied and pasted the configuration settings directly from the techsupp screen.

I have dozens of php files running on this server, and this cart is the only one causing me serious problems.

I'm about out of ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast