Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Session Not being saved

www.broadlandmusic.tomorrownight.com/shop is my installation of Zen Cart, a few weeks back (ive been working on it since) it suddenly stopped accepting log ins and "add to basket". I have tried a different (fresh) installation that is a different version and in a different directory. I cant see what im doing wrong if a new installation does not work. Perhaps it is something with my server, any ideas? any one else had this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Not being saved

If your sessions cannot be saved into the /cache folder, it probably means that your folder permissions has not been set correctly. By going into your /docs folder, you should find useful information, inside the installation instructions files, on how, (and which - specifically), to set permissions correctly. ;)

Plugin Contributions

I have found the document and it advised me that /cache should be set to 777, this seemed like the answer to my problem, but i found it was already set to 777. Also zen cart had been installed from fantastico on my Cpanel. Now what could the problem be? This happened on night randomly.

Plugin Contributions

This happened on night randomly.
    If it happends randomly, then it could be a server-side related issue.

However, what I would suggest to do first - would be to go to your cPanel's file manager access and reset the permission level to the cache folder from there (rather than doing it from FTP). For an unknown reason, permissions seem to respond more from cPanel rather than FTP access.

If the results remains the same, even after resetting the permissions from cPanel, I'd strongly suggest to contact your web hosting service in order to resolve this problem.

Plugin Contributions

I know what you mean about the FTP thing, its strange isnt it, anyway, i tried both and it was already set to 777 so i have written to my host! Thank you very much you've been great!

Plugin Contributions

As you have probably read i have been having troubles with ZEN cart logging in and we concluded it was probably my server. I spoke to my server and they nicely agreed to swap over my account to a different machine as this was the only option we had left because everything else in ZEN cart seems to be working and new installations still had the same old problem. This morning the server switch over was complete. When i tried to sign in, it did NOT just let me go through and say welcome Guest, it now allows to you press login (after typeing in your user name and password) and then does nothing. It says its loading a URL and then says "done" (all in the bottem left hand corner) and you cant go through, this is the same when you add to cart. See, have a go:

http://www.broadlandmusic.tomorrownight.com/shop/

Try signing up for a new one, some times it says "this name is already taken", other times it just does nothing.

I cannot see what else i can do, i have literly tried everything. All the variables have been changed, there has been no constants. What can it be? Magic?

Plugin Contributions

"this name is already taken"
    Make sure your cache folder is entirely empty (inside) under your FTP / cPanel. As for your SQL users table, make sure it is stable and, for your saighs, have a backup of your entire store in case you might encounter further problems within Zen Cart since your move out.

Plugin Contributions

Czarest ... note that those 600k+ images are going to kill you on bandwidth and customers will not want to wait for them to load ...

Might wish to shrink them down and use the Zen Cart image method for small, medium and large as well as additional and large additional images ...

That large sax about blew away my monitor and I am at 1600x1200 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, as it turned out non of this has fixed the problem.

Ive:
    updated,
    re installed,
    swapped server,
    cleared cache,
    made sure the permissions were right.
    asked my host to check it out,
    checked on numerous computers

I have no idea, non of my friends whom i have asked has any idea what it could be, you zen cart guys said it was my server (good call but...) we changed computer, server etc. (not host) and that still doesnt seem to help (the problem is now "different").

The person whom can solve this mystery is truely a great understander of php and such like!

Plugin Contributions

The Zen Team told me, once, that ' Wilt ' has a great debugging developping tool from his end that could actually help with these kinds of issue. If he doesn't reply to this thread, I'd send him a PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast