Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download section

Hey - imagine this scenario:

The downloads section can be restored within a few minutes and all files made available a few minutes later. (Yes it is true - this could happen)

Then along comes Billy No Brains Hacker and finds the file in which he inserted an exploit which allows him to compromise the server again. Oops - sorry everyone, Zencart.com is offline again and you have to start over. How jolly.

Or imagine this:

Dev team dumps everything back online and don't bother sorting the files. People complain incessantly about this fix and this mod not working with their version of Zencart. Suddenly the Dev team are to blame and the reputation of Zencart suffers.

Both these scenarois are realistic and COULD happen if the Dev team did not care about their project. Luckily they do care and probably are even now poring over the code to get the downloads up and running again.

Be patient and stop complaining, or get your hand in your pocket and pay for a Dev team member to take a day off work (yes they actually have regular jobs too) so they can concentrate on giving you what you want. No? Didn't think so!

(These are my views and not the views of the Dev Team)

Plugin Contributions

Those scenarios are very true but aside from the main point here. What I’m trying to do is create a temporary community based resolution for the problem. As I said in the previous post lets just work together here. Your views are important but ripping me for having a point and an attached solution isn't going to help us here.

Let’s put aside the remarks and clever comments and really nail this one down. Here is the info for the temp download site. Please add any download you think will help the community. I have allotted 15000 gigs of bandwidth for this site.
    Last edited by Kim; 18 May 2006 at 07:41 PM.

Plugin Contributions

turn your PMs on quick
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

There on now

Plugin Contributions

Not sure why you guys want to shoot this down but taking my links out just don't help anyone.

Thanks for the mods Mer.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_contributions

WE, THE ZEN CART TEAM TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INTEGRITY OF THE FILES POSTED IN THE ARCHIVE LISTED ABOVE.

THERE MAY BE MULTIPLE VERSIONS - DON'T ASK US WHICH IS WHICH - WE HAVE NO IDEA.

BUT- YOU WANTED THEM- HAVE AT THEM.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very very very very much!!!!! Ill take my site down right now.

Plugin Contributions

Note there is a proper Contributions section being worked on and it will be ready very soon- IT will be empty.

We are going to need you to update/upgrade your Contribs and get them back online.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic! That's excellent! Thank you so much dev team for the temporary fix, thank you cloakendagger for initiating it.

And good that you've made it very clear that we take sole responsibility for anything that should happen as a result of downloading from the archived contributions. I hope this takes some of the pressure off the developers - I imagine you've got enough on your plate at the moment.<offtoplayzen />

Plugin Contributions

Not to burst any bubbles but the temp downloads were made long before cloakendagger ... they were being cleaned ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast