Gusuval

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download section

They are being working on it.

In the meantime you can download Zen-Cart on Sourceforge:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544

Plugin Contributions

Re: Download section

Don't mean to be a pain but was there a reason the old contributions download pages could not have been maintained (even on a seperate temporary URL) while the new downloads pages were being developed - seems standard practice to me....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gwmbox
    Don't mean to be a pain but was there a reason the old contributions download pages could not have been maintained (even on a seperate temporary URL) while the new downloads pages were being developed - seems standard practice to me....
    Yes, there is a reason - it is called an sql injection attack - the old database was vulnerable and so we did not want to leave it open.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure they are doing what is best. So yes, there is a reason. :)

Plugin Contributions

I'm not convinced that there aren't other options that could be done to provide downloads. Zen Cart is a widely used product which in turn needs excellent support. Using a database to allow downloads isn’t the only option either. Anyone could take the files and place them into a folder and create a temp page without a database and use straight download links. At least this would resolve the immediate problem rather then leaving the entire community in the dark with no real time scale on when the problem will be resolved. As I said I’m not convinced and I think there are other options that could be looked at. At least for the sake of credibility, and professionalism.

Plugin Contributions

what is it your looking for I might be able to point you to where it might be

but being rude will get you nowhere...

and credibility and professionalisim

talk to the freakin script kiddies that think its fun to screw peoples sites up
    and entire computers up....

also how about the team makes sure of the integrity of the files before they just create a downloads site...... hey now it would be real professional to let people download files that ( I have no idea this is just a statement ) might have been comprimised.......
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Out of order!

A question is one thing; whining after being given a decent response is another.

You seem to forget that this is all done for free. What do you consider has been your positive contribution to the community?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I don't think my post was being rude but expressing what a lot of other unspoken people are feeling. It's not personal its business. And as everyone knows businesses need to make money and when your product isn't supported correctly or isn't working properly money gets lots and tensions get high.

I have know doubt the zen cart developers are working hard at fixing the problem but I also think that there are other options out there that could be explored to ensure that the communities integrity and cohesion is intact.

Rather then just saying here is the problem deal with it lets figure a way to make what we currently have work. I would be willing to setup a nuke site with a downloads section allowing members to upload there own files for a short term fix.
    Last edited by cloakendagger; 18 May 2006 at 05:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

And to answer you comment about what I have done to contribute. I have donated several times in the past with various accounts. In most cases when I use zen cart I try to give back.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast