Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download section

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy
    erm I think cloakanddagger was very rude actually and deserves no thanks. He was twice asked for the contributions he/she needed and ignored the polite request both times. It just seemed that he/she wanted to play with whatever is there and had no real needs.
    All the thanks should go to Ajeh and Kim and the rest of the dev team and not to someone who was trying to bully someone into action.
    Sorry but this is just the way I see it.
    I am not shure. A lot of people depend om zen-cart. If the team however good they are at their jobs take the site down, change the design and put in to production a site withoute something as important as the files, they must be able to handle som feedback. How this is written can be discussed, but all in all I agree with cloakanddagger, the team should create a tmp dir for the files at once.

I think the results from this wil be a lot of "stray" repositories on the net so thisw dont happen again. I save all of my files for later use so I dod not get in trouble now, but I understand the frustration.

Regards
    Cakemaker
    Regards
    Cakemaker
    ---------------------------------------------
    Remember! If everything came easy, it would not be any fun :)

Plugin Contributions

Excuse me, but we didn't take the old site down voluntarily without notice. The old forum software was hit with an SQL injection attack. Rather than put the old very buggy, very insecure software back up, we moved to the new software even though we were not quite ready to do so. Having some patience would be very helpful.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Excuse me, but we didn't take the old site down voluntarily without notice. The old forum software was hit with an SQL injection attack. Rather than put the old very buggy, very insecure software back up, we moved to the new software even though we were not quite ready to do so. Having some patience would be very helpful.
    OK, sorry.
    I know you do your best and I absolutly love what you do. I am patient, I just tried to make a point to support cloakanddaggers point. The way cloakanddaggers posts were formed are not the point, the files, forum and faq must work. If we are to be the best we need to act like the best. If the base for ZC (www.zen-cart.com) don't work this just results in a los of users for "The art of e-commerse". I love this product.

I know how hard it is to get this kind of critics, dont take it in a bad way. This is just ment as a constuctive comment. You probably have done this thinking allready. :)
    Regards
    Cakemaker

Plugin Contributions

rather than continuing with this discussion how about you just look up...

ahha a link to the downloads section.
    while cloak did have a good point so did the others,

Plugin Contributions

We all know aboute the link to the tmp download section. This discussion for me is now a plase to post my conserne for how this do not happens again.
    Regards
    Cakemaker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cakemaker
    We all know aboute the link to the tmp download section. This discussion for me is now a plase to post my conserne for how this do not happens again.
    Why not form a lynch mob and go out and find the people responsible for authoring the scripts that caused the sql injection. What's done is done. Lets move on. flogging a dead horse doesn't help anyone.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones
    Why not form a lynch mob and go out and find the people responsible for authoring the scripts that caused the sql injection. What's done is done. Lets move on. flogging a dead horse doesn't help anyone.
    I agree....
    I would like to be a member of that lynch mob.

But the fact is that an sql injection only is posible if there is a falty code ore a missing OS or APP patch??? Is this right ore am I wrong?
    Regards
    Cakemaker

Plugin Contributions

Invasion Power Board,
    need we say more

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Download section

Folks,

We are quite aware of the need for:
    - access to old contributions
    - a place to upload new contributions
    - access to the new contributions
    - the ability to identify contributions based on what version of Zen Cart they are designed for
    - even the ability to support multiple versions of a certain contribution.

We're working agressively to complete this system, and will activate it very shortly.

Your continued patience will be greatly appreciated. We like to sleep too......

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Appreciate all that has been said above - just wondering if there is an estimated time/date for the contribution area to be back up ?

I need the affiliate / links / quick price mods as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast