Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download section

just give it a little bit

its not quite as simple as you think....
    when you go to your nuke site and set up the downloads section how long do you think it would take you to setup the downloads.,
    create the categories, add them make sure they work.
    so rather than have you start a really big project hows about letting these guys finish the one they have started... there were ALOT of downloads to have to resetup
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I could have it up in about 1 hour. Make one category and place all the downloads in that category. There is a search function so people could use that rather then making a bunch of sub catagories.

Plugin Contributions

OK - although you have to be very careful ( we all do) in speaking for the majority because in reality, all this computer stuff is very insular, and unless people DO actually voice their opinions, we really don't know what they think.

However, the important thing here is Merlin's last paragraph...
    also how about the team makes sure of the integrity of the files before they just create a downloads site...... hey now it would be real professional to let people download files that ( I have no idea this is just a statement ) might have been comprimised.
    As you say Zencart has a massive userbase... we should just be grateful that the team DO take their obligations (real or perceived) seriously, and let's face it, they are going to be pretty cautious after a hack attack that could possibly have caused far greater damage than it did.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I understand completly what your saying, BUT I also think that we can at least explore other options for the short term. Because when all is said and done we dont really know when the downloads will be fixed.

Im sure many community memeber have past downloads that could be provided on a temporary scale. Lets work together and help eachother here.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cloakendagger
    I could have it up in about 1 hour. Make one category and place all the downloads in that category. There is a search function so people could use that rather then making a bunch of sub catagories.
    Wouldnt work
    there are 1.1 1.2 and 1.3 versions of some of these...

they would need to be seperated

but either way Im gonna head outta here this is going nowhere.,
    the downloads section will be done when the devs are happy with it and are sure it works right and is secure

Plugin Contributions

It might be easy for you to just check out of the problem, but for me I have some serious issues that need to be solved and I need the downloads section. So dismissing this issue because it hits close to home or saying its too hard of a project to deal with doesn’t help me or anyone else that needs downloads.

To answer your question about the 3 version why not create 3 categories.

Plugin Contributions

Im sure many community memeber have past downloads that could be provided on a temporary scale. Lets work together and help eachother here.
    Which is EXACTLY what has been happening when people ask for the download they need!

All you need to do is say what you want - if someone has it, it can be posted as an attachment.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I understand completly what your saying, BUT I also think that we can at least explore other options for the short term. Because when all is said and done we dont really know when the downloads will be fixed.

We can explore other options. We have explored other options. And in the spirit of this community members have adopted a variety of mutial aid strategies so that the Dev Team an concentrate on a permanent rather than temporary solution.

Specifically we have been emailing mods on requets when we have them, adding links to our sigs to make them easier to find, hosting them externally and helping to point people in the right directon if we don't have the mod ourselves. Merlin even offered to help you a few posts back, though I doubt he'll be feeling as generous now.

I suggest you stop attacking the Dev Team and do a search for any mods you need urgently.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I asked earlier for what mods you need

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so you guys all have very valid points and I'm not trying to start a war here. I'm simply trying to get some results with finding a better way for people on the larger scale to get the downloads they need quickly. Granted the "post a request" has worked for some on and indivdual scale, but in my case I have posted a few time with no replies.

I have setup a download site at the link below. Simply register a user or use this account to add downloads. I think it might actualy work really well if we can ban together on this one. This might actualy take the pressure off the dev team in the short term and allow them the neccissary time to get the work done right rather then rushed.
    ***edited***
    Just trying to help out here. ;)

***Please do not start additional downloads areas- ***
    Last edited by Kim; 18 May 2006 at 07:41 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast