Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker only works for entire store

I don't know if I just haven't found a certain setting in the admin or not, but our salemaker only seems to be working if we have a sale on the entire store. It has all the product categories in the salemaker admin panel, but when I put a certain category on sale, it does not show up or work on checkout.

I would like to be able to put a whole category on sale rather than making each individual product a "special" or making a coupon code for them, which is what I have had to do to make this work.

http://www.1hourscrap.com/catalog

I am using the zen cart version that was available just before this newest upgrade. (Can't find the actual version no. on it; it says that it appears to be the most current version, but I installed it before your big upgrade to 1.3).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker only works for entire store

Any ideas for this? Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like your products do not have master_categories_id

Check your products table and see if you have both the master_categories_id on all products and that you have the products_price_sorter ... which is the bottom line lowest price of the products ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, I am helping Carol with the site and I'm not sure what you mean by the master_categories_id? Is that in the admin somewhere? What's happening is that we have many products copied to lots of categories. If we put on sale the original, first category we put them in, they show up, but if we put on sale another category, nothing shows up. Is there any easy way to fix this?

Plugin Contributions

In the products table is the master_categories_id

When the product is linked to multiple categories, one of these categories is the Master Category ...

This is contained in the master_categories_id field of the products table and is used for pricing such as Sale Maker so when you put a Category on sale the products that "belong" to that Category as indicated by the master_categories_id know that they are on sale ...

If there is no master_categories_id then this relationship does not exist and the pricing cannot work correctly ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Ajeh, I think that is our problem, I'm just not sure how to fix it. I'm assuming the products table you mean is the one you access in the admin by clicking Catalog > Categories/Products. Once there, how do I fix it so we do have a "master_categories_id" and a "products_price_sorter"?

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, after I wrote, I found that in the Multiple Categories Link Manager, the top of it is telling us which category is the "Master Category" then it shows all the categories the product is linked to. What do I do to make it so those linked categories can be put on sale just like the master?

Plugin Contributions

There is an automatic update for the Master Categories ID and the Products Price Sorter ... in the Tools ... Store Manager ...

However, what this does is "assume" that the first categories_id found in the products_to_categories table is the Master Category and uses that to update the products table field master_categories_id

Then you run the Update on the Products Price Sorter to update the field products_price_sorter in the products table ...

NOTE: Always make a backup before attempting to make these kinds of changes ...

NOTE: you should only run this when you do not have any other method of determining the master_categories_id

Don't forget to BACKUP before trying to fix these ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaB
    Ajeh, after I wrote, I found that in the Multiple Categories Link Manager, the top of it is telling us which category is the "Master Category" then it shows all the categories the product is linked to. What do I do to make it so those linked categories can be put on sale just like the master?
    The Multiple Categories Link Manager helps you see the relationship of the Categories and Products and to see which of the Categories is marked as the Master ...

You can use this to help reset all of the products ...

NOTE: v1.3 has a much better Multiple Categories Link Manager for easier navigation ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry to be such a dunce, but what exactly would resetting the products do to help our problem? Is there a specific master category everything should be in or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast