Plugin Contributions

Help - Overwrote configure.php file!

Hello, I have stepped in as site admin to a Zen-Cart based site. I have integrated a third party component for Linkpoint Connect, and I was moving on to turning SSL on when I accidentally overwrote /include/configure.php with /admin/include/configure.php.

Everything else on the site is intact. I don't know enough about the host to rebuild some of the path variables in configure.php. Is there another file that I may draw some of those same paths from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a utility file I can upload to my host which will answer some of the questions or get me moving along we can do that too.

Thanks in advance. Zen seems to be a great product and I'm excited to work with it.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Re: Help - Overwrote configure.php file!

A few ways to deal with this. Pick your choice from the list:

1. Restore from backup

2. compare the /includes/dist-configure.php with the /includes/configure.php you currently have, and make adjustments

3. Rebuild the files:
    a. Do a database-backup via phpMyAdmin or other preferred means.
    b. re-upload zc_install folder, and mark your configure.php files read/write.
    c. run zc_install/index.php and when get to the database-setup screen, BEFORE filling in any fields, add this to the URL in the browser:
    [FONT="Courier New"] &configfile=only[/FONT]
    and then carry on with filling in the fields for database-setup
    d. This will re-write your configure.php files for this server, based on settings it detected and you provided in the various input screens leading up to the database-setup page.
    e. At the Database-Upgrade page, you can either do upgrades, or skip them if none apply.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.