Plugin Contributions

Default Installation problem, phpBB warning, with solution

Hello :)

OK I've just installed to my spiffing new 1and1 set up - very excited etc. However when basic setup is complete and I try to see the standard store index page I get this:

Warning: main(/kunden/homepages/31/d163268584/htdocs/includes/classes/class.phpBB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/31/d163268584/htdocs/includes/autoload_func.php on line 59

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/kunden/homepages/31/d163268584/htdocs/includes/classes/class.phpBB.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/31/d163268584/htdocs/includes/autoload_func.php on line 59

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: phpbb in /homepages/31/d163268584/htdocs/includes/autoload_func.php on line 78

OK - some background. kunden is the name of the directory on the server (I have SSH access so I can see it - absolute paths seem ok). In setup I set BB NOT to work as I don't have it installed on the server. I think this is a red herring anyway. I take php at face value - the file does not exist.

If you look in includes/class you will see a file called class.phpbb.php.
    If you rename it to class.phpBB.php suddenly everything works.

I'm not sure if there is an error in the zip file, where the file names are assigned, or if it was zipped up from a windows machine or what, but as Alan Hansen might say (if he had ever been a sys admin) getting your cases mixed up like that is a real schoolboy error :)

Cheers

Simon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation problem, phpBB warning, with solution

The distribution zip contains the phpBB mixed-case filename.
    I've seen a small handful of cases where someone's FTP software apparently renamed everything to lowercase during upload, thus causing the reported problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.